Stay ahead of the game with the latest First Bank USSD codes for 2023. These codes provide you with quick and easy access to a range of banking services directly from your mobile phone, ensuring you have control and convenience at your fingertips
Revolutionizing Banking, One USSD Code at a Time!
Imagine being able to send money to your loved ones in just a few seconds, regardless of the time or day! With the First Bank USSD code, you don’t have to imagine anymore – it’s a reality. Banking has never been this convenient, and it’s all thanks to the innovative approach of First Bank.
So, whether you’re a tech enthusiast or someone who prefers traditional banking, the USSD code caters to your needs. No internet? No problem! No smartphone? Not an issue! This service breaks barriers and puts the bank in your hands, anytime and anywhere.
What is Firstbank USSD Code
The Firstbank USSD Code, also known as *894#, is a convenient and secure banking service provided by First Bank of Nigeria. It allows customers to perform various banking transactions directly from their mobile phones without the need for internet connectivity. The USSD code offers a range of services, including money transfers, balance checks, airtime purchases, bill payments, and more.
To access the Firstbank USSD Code service, customers simply need to dial *894# from their registered phone number. This initiates a menu-based system that guides users through different banking tasks. The USSD code works on both basic phones and smartphones and is compatible with major Nigerian mobile networks such as Mtn, Glo, Airtel, and 9 Mobile.
How to Activate First Bank USSD Code
Activating the First Bank USSD code is easy! Follow these steps to get started:
- Dial *894*0# from your registered phone (MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile).
- Select your linked ATM debit card from the list.
- Enter the 4-digit PIN of your ATM debit card.
- Create a new 5-digit PIN for your USSD transactions.
- Confirm your new 5-digit PIN.
- Once successful, you’ll receive an SMS notification on your phone.
List of First Bank USSD Codes
First Bank of Nigeria offers a range of USSD codes under the *894# service, allowing customers to perform various banking transactions conveniently through their mobile phones. The USSD codes provide quick access to services like transfers, balance checks, airtime purchases, account opening, statement checks, and more. Here is a comprehensive list of the USSD codes and their corresponding functionalities:
Activate First Bank USSD Code:
- Code: *894*0#
- Functionality: This code is used to activate the First Bank USSD Code service on your registered phone. Follow the prompts to set a 5-digit PIN that will be used to confirm transactions.
Firstbank USSD Code for Transfer Money within First Bank:
- Code: *894*Amount*Account Number#
- Functionality: Use this code to transfer money from your First Bank account to another First Bank account. Replace “Amount” with the desired amount and “Account Number” with the recipient’s account number.
Firstbank USSD Code to Transfer Money to Other Banks:
- Code: *894*Amount*Account Number#
- Functionality: This code enables you to transfer money from your First Bank account to accounts in other banks. Replace “Amount” with the desired amount and “Account Number” with the recipient’s account number.
Firstbank USSD Code to Check Account Balance:
- Code: *894*00#
- Functionality: Dial this code to check the balance of your First Bank account. You’ll receive your account balance via SMS on your phone.
Firstbank USSD Code to Buy Airtime for Self:
- Code: *894*Amount#
- Functionality: Use this code to recharge airtime for your mobile phone number linked to your First Bank account. Replace “Amount” with the desired airtime value.
Firstbank USSD Code to Buy Airtime for Others:
- Code: *894*Amount*Phone Number#
- Functionality: Recharge airtime for another phone number using this code. Replace “Amount” with the airtime value and “Phone Number” with the recipient’s phone number.
Firstbank USSD Code for to Check Statement of Account:
- Code: *894*Account Number#
- Functionality: Dial this code to access a mini-statement of your account transactions. This provides a quick overview of your recent transactions.
Firstbank USSD Code to Open a New First Bank Account:
- Code: *894*0#
- Functionality: This code allows you to open a new First Bank account directly from your mobile phone. Follow the prompts to set up your account and PIN.
Firstbank USSD Code to Block First Bank Account:
- Code: *894*911#
- Functionality: Use this code to block your First Bank account in case of emergencies or security concerns.
Firstbank USSD Code to Check BVN (Bank Verification Number):
- Code: 5650#
- Functionality: Dial this code to check your 11-digit BVN number linked to your First Bank account.
Firstbank USSD Code to Apply for a Loan:
- Code: *894*11# or Dial *894# and select Loans
- Functionality: Use this code to apply for a loan through First Bank’s USSD banking service.
These USSD codes offer customers a wide range of banking services and transactions, enhancing convenience and accessibility while maintaining security through the use of the 5-digit PIN. It’s important to note that the information provided is based on available web search results as of the current date and may be subject to updates or changes. Customers are advised to verify details directly from official First Bank sources or customer service.
How to Activate and Use First Bank Transfer USSD Code?
To activate the First Bank USSD Code (*894#) for various banking transactions, including transfers, balance checks, airtime purchases, bill payments, and more, follow these steps:
To activate the First Bank USSD Code, you need the following:
- A First Bank account
- A linked ATM debit card
- A linked phone number (registered on your bank account)
- Sufficient airtime on your phone for network charges
Dial *894# from your registered phone (Mtn, Glo, Airtel, or 9 Mobile). Follow the prompts provided to activate the USSD code. The steps typically include:
- Selecting an ATM debit card linked to your account
- Entering the PIN of the selected debit card
- Creating a new 5-digit PIN that will be used for transactions
Firstbank USSD Code to Transfers and Sending Money:
To send money to other First Bank accounts, use the USSD format: *894*Amount*Account Number#.
Firstbank USSD Code to Transfers to Other Banks:
To send money to accounts in other banks, use the USSD format: *894*Amount*Account Number#.
Firstbank USSD Code to Checking Account Balance:
To check your account balance, dial *894*00#.
Firstbank USSD Code to Checking Account Number:
If you need to check your account number, dial *894*00#.
Firstbank USSD Code to Checking BVN (Bank Verification Number):
To check your BVN, use the USSD code: *894*BVN#.
Firstbank USSD Code to Loan Services:
For accessing loan services, dial *894*11# or follow the prompts provided. This feature allows you to access loans through the USSD code.
Firstbank USSD Code to Account Opening:
To open a new account using the USSD code, dial *894*0#. Follow the instructions provided to initiate the account opening process.
Firstbank USSD Code to Airtime Purchase:
For buying airtime and data, use the USSD format: *894*Amount#. This allows you to recharge your phone with airtime.
Firstbank USSD Code to Checking Statement of Account:
To check your statement of account, dial *894*AccountNumber#. This will provide you with your mini-statement.
Activate FirstBank Code without ATM Debit Card:
If you want to activate the USSD code without using an ATM debit card, you can select the “Cardless” option during activation. Follow the prompts to provide the necessary details and set a PIN.
Remember to keep your 5-digit PIN private and secure to prevent unauthorized access to your account. If your phone is lost, you can block USSD services by contacting the bank.
What is FirstBank USSD Network Fee?
Using the FirstBank USSD code *894#, there is a mobile network charge of 6.98 Naira associated with its usage. This charge applies whether you are activating the code or conducting transactions. Additionally, FirstBank applies a fee of 10 Naira for transactions along with a transfer fee when sending money to another bank account.
Transfer Limit and Airtime Recharge with Firstbank USSD Code:
The daily transfer limit for both intra-bank and inter-bank transfers using the FirstBank USSD code is 100,000 Naira. Additionally, the daily limit for airtime recharge for any mobile network (MTN, GLO, Airtel, or 9Mobile) is set at 10,000 Naira.
Increasing Transfer Limit:
If you wish to increase your FirstBank transfer code limit, you can do so by following these steps:
- Dial *894# from your registered phone.
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Choose “Other Services” and then select “Limit Management.”
- It’s important to note that to increase your daily transfer limit up to 1 million Naira, you will need to have a token.
Resetting 5-Digit PIN for Firstbank USSD Code:
In case you forget your FirstBank USSD 5-digit PIN, you can easily reset it by following these steps:
- Dial *894*0# on your registered phone (MTN, Glo, Airtel, or 9Mobile).
- Follow the on-screen prompts.
- Choose “RESET PIN” and then enter your ATM card PIN.
Firstbank USSD Code to Block Account and ATM Card:
To block your First Bank account using the USSD code, dial *894*911# and follow the on-screen prompts. This will deactivate FirstBank USSD mobile banking on your phone. In case your phone is stolen, your account is compromised, or you no longer need the service.
For blocking your ATM card, follow these steps:
- Dial *894#.
- Select “Next Page.”
- Choose “Card control.”
- Select your preferred option: ATM, POS, WEB, All CHANNELS & FOREIGN.
- Enter your 5-digit PIN to block the ATM card.
Firstbank USSD Code to Paying Bills:
You can also use the FirstBank USSD code to conveniently pay bills, including cable TV subscriptions such as GOtv, DStv, and Startimes. Here’s how:
- Dial *894#.
- Select “Quick Banking.”
- Choose “Pay Bills.”
- Select “Cable TV.”
- Choose the specific service provider (e.g., GOtv, DStv, Startimes).
- Follow the prompts to complete the transaction.
Firstbank USSD Code to Funding Betting Accounts:
If you’re into sports betting, you can fund various betting accounts using the FirstBank USSD code. Examples of supported platforms include Bet9ja, Betking, and SportyBet. Here’s how:
- Dial *894#.
- Select “Quick Banking.”
- Choose “Pay Bills.”
- Select “Betting and Lottery.”
- Choose the specific betting platform (e.g., Bet9ja, Betking, SportyBet).
- Enter your account ID and amount.
- Enter your 5-digit PIN to complete the transaction.
For any complaints or inquiries, you can reach out to First Bank customer care at the following contact details:
- Phone: 01-4485500, 0708-062-5000
- Email: email@example.com
Feel free to contact customer care for assistance with various matters, including increasing transfer limits, resolving transfer issues, addressing airtime concerns, managing your ATM card, and other account-related inquiries.
Is FirstBank USSD Code Safe and Secure?
Yes, the FirstBank USSD code (*894#) is designed to be safe and secure for conducting various banking transactions through mobile phones. The bank has implemented several security measures to ensure the protection of customer information and financial transactions. Here are some key points highlighting the safety and security of the FirstBank USSD code based on the provided web search results:
- One Time Password (OTP) Security: FirstBank enhances online transaction security through the use of One Time Passwords (OTP). A 6-digit numeric OTP is sent via mobile and email for each online transaction. This adds an additional layer of security by requiring users to enter a unique OTP to authorize transactions.
- Transaction-Specific OTPs: The OTP sent to customers is transaction-specific and includes details such as the merchant’s name and transaction amount. This ensures that the OTP can only be used for the specific transaction it was generated for, adding an extra level of security.
- Encrypted Transactions: Transactions conducted through the FirstBank USSD code are encrypted for security. This encryption helps protect customer data and sensitive information from unauthorized access.
- PIN Protection: Customers are required to set up a 5-digit PIN during activation of the USSD code. This PIN is used to confirm and authorize transactions. It adds an extra layer of protection in case someone gains access to the user’s phone.
- Automatic OTP Reception: Customers are advised to keep their contact information updated to ensure the automatic reception of OTPs. This prevents unauthorized individuals from intercepting OTPs meant for the account holder.
- Limited OTP Attempts: The system allows a limited number of OTP entry attempts. After three incorrect attempts, the transaction needs to be restarted, preventing unauthorized access through brute-force attempts.
- Cardless Transactions Security: The USSD code also offers the option of cardless transactions. Customers can register and perform transactions without an ATM card. This feature adds convenience without compromising security.
- Deactivation Option: If needed, customers have the option to deactivate the USSD code by contacting the bank. This can be useful in case of a lost or stolen phone.
FAQs: Your USSD Code Questions Answered!
What is the First Bank Transfer Code?
The First Bank Transfer Code is a convenient USSD (Unstructured Supplementary Service Data) code that allows First Bank customers to perform various banking transactions directly from their mobile phones, without the need for an internet connection. It’s often referred to as USSD banking.
Can I use the First Bank USSD code if I have a joint account?
Yes, the USSD code is available for individual account holders. Unfortunately, joint and corporate accounts are ineligible for this service.
How do I reach out for inquiries?
For any queries or concerns, you can contact 0700FIRSTCONTACT or visit a nearby FirstBank branch. Their dedicated customer service team is always ready to assist you.
Is the USSD code connected to my phone number?
Absolutely! The USSD code is linked to the phone number registered with your FirstBank account. This ensures secure and seamless transactions.
How Do I Activate the First Bank Transfer Code?
Activating the First Bank Transfer Code is easy. Simply dial the specified USSD code on the mobile number linked to your First Bank account and follow the prompts. Please note that activation requires an active account with the bank, and your phone number must be registered with them.
What Transactions Can I Perform with the First Bank Transfer Code?
The First Bank Transfer Code empowers you to conduct a wide range of banking transactions, including funds transfers, airtime and data purchases, balance inquiries, bill payments, mini statement views, and more.
Is the First Bank Transfer Code Secure?
Absolutely, the First Bank Transfer Code ensures security for your transactions. Most transactions are encrypted and often require a personal identification number (PIN) or a mobile banking password for completion, providing an added layer of protection.
Can I Use the First Bank Transfer Code on Any Phone?
Yes, you can use the First Bank Transfer Code on any type of phone, be it a smartphone or a feature phone, as long as it has the capability to dial numbers. No internet connection is required, making it highly accessible.
What Do I Do If I Forget My PIN for the First Bank Transfer Code?
If you forget your PIN, it’s important to reach out to First Bank’s customer service for assistance. Typically, you’ll need to go through a secure process to reset your PIN, ensuring your identity for security purposes.
Can I Use the First Bank Transfer Code While Abroad?
This depends on First Bank’s specific policies. While some banks permit the use of USSD codes abroad, others may not. To get a clear answer on this, it’s best to contact First Bank’s customer service.
Are There Charges for Using the First Bank Transfer Code?
Yes, there may be charges associated with using the First Bank Transfer Code, and the fees can vary depending on the type of transaction you’re performing. It’s recommended to confirm with the bank to understand the charges for different transactions.
What Do I Do If I Lose the Phone Linked to My First Bank Transfer Code?
If you lose the phone linked to your First Bank Transfer Code, it’s crucial to immediately inform First Bank’s customer service. They can potentially put a temporary hold on transactions initiated via the First Bank Transfer Code until you regain control of your phone number.
What Was FirstBank Formerly Called?
FirstBank was formerly known as the Bank of British West Africa (BBWA). It was founded by Sir Alfred Jones, a shipping magnate from Liverpool, England, with its initial head office located in Liverpool. The Bank commenced operations in Lagos, Nigeria, under the name Bank of British West Africa (BBWA).
Does FirstBank Have a WhatsApp Number?
Yes, First Bank has a WhatsApp number for customer interactions. To get started, add FirstBank on WhatsApp using the number 08124444000, and simply say “Hi” to initiate contact.
How Much is the First Bank Account Opening?
The account opening process requires a minimum initial deposit. For individuals, the minimum opening balance is N5,000, while for corporate accounts, it’s N10,000. This ensures you can get started with your First Bank account.
In conclusion, the First Bank USSD code (*894#) is a game-changer in the banking industry. It brings modern convenience to every individual, irrespective of their phone type or network provider. With features like easy money transfers, balance checks, airtime purchase, and bill payments, banking has never been this effortless.
So, why wait in long lines or deal with the hassle of slow internet banking? Activate your USSD code today, and experience a new era of banking that’s fast, secure, and accessible to all. Embrace the future of banking with First Bank and their revolutionary USSD code – it’s time to take control of your finances like never before!