Is Admiral Car Insurance Good?
If you ask about the good car insurance company in the UK, many people will recommend Admiral car insurance, but is Admiral car insurance good?
Is Admiral car insurance good? Based on Defaqto star ratings, Trustpilot customer reviews, personal financial awards, and our analysis, Admiral Auto Insurance Company is good.
Admiral Group is the UK’s largest motor insurance company. Are they a good option for you? If you are looking for affordable car insurance that offers good value for money, Admiral may be for you. Read our review to learn about the most common customer complaints and see how prices compare.
Who is the Admiral?
Admiral was founded in 1993 to specialize in car insurance. Over the years, the company has expanded its product list, adding travel, home, van, and pet insurance, as well as auto loans and financing.
Admiral is part of the Admiral Group, which also includes the insurance brands Diamond, Bell, Gladiator, and Elephant. Admiral Group also owns EUI Limited, which underwrites most of Admiral’s insurance policies. The group is regulated by the Financial Conduct Authority (FCA).
Why should you consider Admiral?
Admiral offers car insurance to third parties, against fire and theft, but also all risks.
All comprehensive auto insurance policies include a range of benefits as standard, such as replacement car coverage, driving in Europe, driving in other cars, personal injury coverage, and coverage for personal belongings and car radios.
Customers can also upgrade their policy at an additional cost to include legal protection, roadside assistance, rental car coverage, and key coverage.
In addition, Admiral offers several car insurance policies and electric car insurance policies. If you’re not satisfied with your Admiral car insurance, you can learn how to cancel Admiral car insurance here.
Finally, Admiral’s car insurance policies are rated five stars by Defaqto.
- competitive rates
- Car and home insurance Defaqto 5 stars
- Award-winning car and home coverage
- Cancellation costs also during the reflection period
- No replacement car if yours is stolen or canceled
Admiral Car Insurance Contact?
Customers with auto insurance questions can contact Admiral by phone Monday through Friday from 8 am to 7 pm, Saturdays from 9 am to 5 pm and Sundays from 9:30 am to 4 pm. Alternatively, customers can use the web chat feature on the website.
Existing customers can also log in to the My Account section of the website to update their policy or view their policy details.
Alternatively, Admiral can be found on Twitter at @AdmiralUK, as well as on Facebook.
What is the Admiral car insurance claim number?
To claim with Admiral car insurance, call 0333 220 2033
Admiral Car Insurance Cover
Admiral does not underwrite all your car insurance policies, meaning your policy may be underwritten by Admiral (ie Admiral Insurance (Gibraltar) Limited) or RAC, or Amtrust. Regardless of the insurer, Admiral, like most major insurers, offers the three main levels of motor insurance coverage available in the UK:
- Third Party (TPO): The most basic level of coverage required by law covers damage to another car or its occupants if you are involved in an accident, but you cannot claim damage to your car.
- Third Party Fire and Theft (TPFT): Provides third-party coverage, plus coverage for damage to or loss of your vehicle due to fire or theft.
- Fully Comprehensive: The highest level of coverage, Fully Comprehensive includes TPFT and covers the cost of repairing or replacing your vehicle if it is in an accident or destroyed.
What other features do you get with Admiral comprehensive car insurance? Below is a table with an overview of the functions you will be covering:
- Admiral meets most ‘must have’ characteristics according to Money Advice Service. This excludes adequate cover for household effects. The lack of coverage for this feature could be a deal breaker for some.
- The next function that they do not meet is the function of the replacement car. Admiral will provide you with a replacement vehicle if your vehicle undergoes repairs. However, if your vehicle is stolen or total loss, a replacement vehicle will not be provided.
- Apart from this, Admiral offers good coverage for most features, including most ‘possible’ features. We would like to emphasize that the EU coverage is particularly good, as it does not require an additional premium.
How To Find The Best Coverage For You
There are several factors to consider when comparing auto insurance policies. While finding an affordable policy will be a priority, it’s important not to choose a policy based on cost alone as it puts you at risk of being underinsured.
Always check the level of coverage on each policy to see what’s included as standard and why you might need to pay more. Experiment by running multiple quotes and choosing different add-ons to see how this affects the price so you get the best deal.
Opting for a more expensive policy that provides everything you need is better for your wallet, in the long run, should you have to file a claim.
Why It Makes Sense To Compare Policies And Providers
Auto insurance providers have traditionally offered their most competitive prices to new customers, while those who have remained loyal to their insurer year after year tended to pay a higher premium.
However, with the introduction of new FCA rules in January 2022, auto (and home) insurance companies are now prohibited from offering existing customers a higher renewal price than new customers.
Despite this, getting your auto insurance policy annually is still the best way to ensure you get the right level of coverage at the best price.
By reading customer reviews on sites like Trustpilot, you can also see how existing policyholders rate your coverage and customer service. Defaqto also gives star ratings to auto insurers, which can be a good indicator of the service they provide.
Admiral car insurance discounts
The discounts Admiral offers are fairly standard in the UK motor insurance industry, and most relate to safe driving habits and payments. In addition, some drivers will save money with Admiral based on where they live and their age.
- Multi Car discount: Admiral reported that the 10% of customers who shared their best quote saved £255 with an Admiral MultiCar policy.
- Pay annually: Paying in advance can help you save on your auto insurance premiums. The APR you would pay for a car finance loan through Admiral Financial Services, and therefore the amount you could save by paying all at once will depend on the details of your application and will vary from person to person.
- Driving History Discounts: If you haven’t had any accidents, you may be able to save on your car insurance policy with Admiral. For example, the average discount in 2019 ranged from 3% for one year of no claims to 14% for two years of NCD to 26% for five years and 35% for nine years or longer.
- Where you live: Those who live in “lower risk” areas can save 50% or more on their auto insurance compared to “higher risk” areas. Risk is assessed based on a company’s experience with theft and accident claims in a local environment, which is used to determine premiums.
- Age: The driver’s age is one of the most important factors in determining the cost of auto insurance. People in their 50s are likely to pay less for car insurance with Admiral and other companies.
How Can You Save Money On Admiral Car Insurance?
The first offer an insurer makes isn’t necessarily the best it can offer, especially if you renew. So before you part with your money, check out what other insurers offer for comparable coverage and see if your current insurer can improve it.
Think carefully about what is optionally included in the quote. You may want the confidence of a song and dance policy, but certain add-ons may not be for you or may duplicate the coverage you already have separately.
Where you buy your coverage can sometimes make a difference in what you end up paying, so we recommend checking prices on multiple comparison sites (if available) and trying them out right away.
Admiral car insurance is available on the following price comparison websites:
Conclusion – Is Admiral Car Insurance Good
Is admiral car insurance good? Admiral Insurance was awarded five stars. This is the highest rating that Defaqto offers. Please note: not all Defaqto five-star products have the same coverage and conditions. Admiral car insurance received a TrustPilot rating of 3.4 out of five based on 6,422 verified reviews.