Does Target Take Apple Pay – How to Use it?
Does Target take Apple Pay? Yes, you can use Apple Pay to make payments on Target. With more than 383 million users worldwide, Apple Pay is one of the most popular ways for people to buy goods and services today. With nearly 2,000 Target stores in the United States, it only makes sense that people would want to use Apple Pay when shopping at Target.
But does Target take Apple Pay? If so, how?
I went to Target to test things out and did some online research to find out. This is what I found.
How to Use Apple Pay in Target (Step by Step)
To use Apple Pay at Target, you must first verify that Apple Pay is properly set up on your iPhone or Apple Watch device. To do this, you need to add a debit or credit card to your Apple Pay Wallet app on your iPhone.
To add a debit or credit card to your existing Apple checking account, tap the + symbol in the top right corner of the wallet app on your iPhone.
You’ll then need to take a photo of the card you want to use with Apple Pay or enter your card details manually.
Once you have a debit or credit card connected to your Apple Pay Wallet, you can use it at Target as you would any other purchase with Apple Pay.
Let’s see exactly step by step below:
1) Double click the button on your phone
Quickly double-click or “double-click” the button on the outer right edge of the iPhone (the same button normally used to turn the phone’s screen on and off).
If done correctly, your Apple Wallet will automatically open with an image of your debit or credit card that you’ve added to your Wallet.
2) Use the Payment Terminal
Then you need to use the payment terminal (also called card reader) to pay for your items with Apple Pay.
To do this, you must hold your iPhone over the payment terminal with your Apple Wallet open on the iPhone (a few centimeters from the payment terminal). If done correctly, your payment will be automatically processed and your debit or credit card associated with your Apple Wallet will be charged.
Using Apple Pay at Target Self-Checkout – Does target take Apple Pay?
Buying items from an automatic checkout at Target is no different than any other transaction that uses Apple Pay. The most important thing to keep in mind is that once you have scanned all your items and are ready to pay, you need to select the card to make the payment.
Once that’s done, just double-click the button on the side of the phone to open Apple Pay and hold it over the payment terminal.
If everything is done correctly, your payment should be processed almost immediately.
How To Check Out With Apple Pay Inside Target Using iPhone
If you’re using an iPhone to pay with Apple Pay at Target, follow these steps:
- First, double-click the button on the right side of your iPhone.
- Then look at your iPhone screen if you’re using Face ID, place your finger on the home sensor if you’re using Touch ID, or enter your passcode.
- Finally, hold your iPhone over the contactless checkout reader, the machine you normally insert your credit card into. Keep holding until you hear a ping, see a green checkmark in the payment reader, or see a checkmark plus the word “Done” on your iPhone screen. That is it!
How To Check Out With Apple Pay at Target Using Apple Watch?
- First, double-tap the side button to the right of the screen.
- Then enter your password if prompted.
- Finally, hold the Apple Watch over the contactless payment reader until the payment is completed. That is it!
How to checkout with Apple Pay via Target App?
If you’re using the Target app, you’re in luck: it accepts Apple Pay payments. Follow these steps to complete an in-app purchase with Apple Pay:
- Open the Target app or download it for free from the App Store.
- Log in to your account, create a new account or select ‘Continue as guest’. If you choose ‘Continue as guest’, you will need to log in to your account before completing your purchase.
- Choose your destination location.
- If contactless shopping is possible in your location, the app will notify you. Tap “Okay!” to go on.
- Choose the items you want to buy and how you want to receive them. Depending on your location, you can choose pick-up, delivery, or shipping.
- Tap your shopping cart in the lower right corner of the screen.
- Tap the black ‘Apple Pay’ button in the lower right corner of the screen. They use the image of an apple followed by ‘Pay’. Don’t touch the red ‘Verify’ button!
- Follow the Apple Pay instructions.
- Okay, have fun with your order!
Does Target take Apple Pay – FAQ
Can you use Apple Pay on the Target website?
You can use Apple Pay to purchase items from the Target website. To do this, however, you must use an Apple device, such as an iPhone or iPad, and use the Safari browser to visit Target’s website.
Otherwise, if you visit Target’s website using Google Chrome (for example), the option to use Apple Pay at checkout will not be available.
Can you use Apple Pay in the target app?
You can use Apple Pay to purchase items with App Target on your Apple device. At checkout, you have the option to use Apple Pay by simply clicking the Apple Pay button.
Is it safe to use Apple Pay on Target?
It’s just as safe to use Apple Pay at Target as it is anywhere else. Of course, as usual, you should always take the necessary precautions and use common sense when using any payment service – including Apple Pay. In general, however, it is completely safe.
Is there a charge for using Apple Pay at Target Store?
There is no charge for using Apple Pay at Target or anywhere else that accepts Apple Pay. If you’re charged, it’s from the bank associated with your Apple Pay account and usually from insufficient funds or something similar.
Is there a limit to using Apple Pay at Target?
There is no limit to using Apple Pay at Target. However, if you spend more than $50 on your purchase, you may need to get a subscription.
What if you’re having trouble using Apple Pay on target?
If you’re having trouble using Apple Pay at Target, first ask someone who works at Target if they know what the problem could be. This particular payment terminal may not work correctly.
However, if you continue to have problems, the best thing to do is to contact Apple Support and see if they can figure out what the problem is.
Conclusion – Does target take Apple Pay?
We hope this article has answered your question “Does target take Apple Pay”. You can use Apple Pay at Target to purchase products just as you would if you were using Apple Pay everywhere.
You can also use Apple Pay on the Target website (but you have to do it with the Safari browser) and you can use Apple Pay when using the Target app on any device.
There are no fees or restrictions when using Apple Pay at Target. You can learn more here.