MTN Call Forwarding is a feature accessible to all prepaid and postpaid subscribers on the network. This guide shows how call forwarding works on MTN and the code to activate or deactivate them.
How does MTN call forwarding work?
This service allows you to forward your incoming calls to another phone number, mobile or landline, or to your voicemail; However, you may not forward calls to international numbers. In other words, the destination phone number must be in your home country.
Call forwarding is useful when your line is busy, unreachable or not answered.
From my experience, not too many people use it in Nigeria. And I think the reason for that is they just don’t know how to set it up.
We are sure that after reading this guide you can activate or deactivate any forwarding option on your MTN line.
MTN Call Forwarding Codes
To forward calls to another phone number when your line is busy:
- To activate, dial ** 67 * mobile destination number * 11 #. For example ** 67 * 2348012345678 * 11 #.
- To deactivate, dial ## 67 #
- To check your status for the above option, dial * # 67 #
To forward calls to another phone number when your line is unreachable:
- To activate, dial ** 62 * destination phone number * 11 #.
- To deactivate, dial ## 62 #
- To check your SIM status for this option, dial * # 62 #
Divert calls to another number when there is no answer:
- Dial ** 61 * destination phone number * 11 # to activate.
- Dial ## 61 # to deactivate this service.
- To check your forwarding status for this option, dial * # 61 #
To forward all calls to another phone number:
- Dial ** 21 * destination phone number * 11 # to activate
- To cancel, dial ## 21 #
- To check your status for the above option, dial * # 21 #
Replace the destination phone number in all of the above codes with the phone number to which you want to forward all calls. Also, make sure that you only dial the above codes on the MTN line from which you want to forward all calls.
Important Notice >> To cancel call forwarding that you have previously activated on your MTN line, dial ## 002 # on that line.
How to cancel call forwarding on your MTN line?
Call forwarding is an issue that customers complain about. Most customers don’t really know how call forwarding is activated on their line.
Call forwarding forwards your calls to another number and can be very annoying for your callers. Call forwarding also slows down incoming calls. It can be really annoying and waste your caller’s credit. This article will not waste your time with the code to cancel call forwarding on your mtn line.
You may like:
- How to activate and deactivate MTN Xtrabyte
- How to Activate MTN TIKTok and IG bundle
- How To Stop MTN From Deducting Your Airtime
- Airtel Divert Code – How To deactivate Airtel call forwarding
To cancel call forwarding on your MTN line, dial this code: ## 002 #. Once you have dialed this code, you will receive a notification confirming that you have cleared all diverts on your line. That’s all! You can often do this easily, as the transfer may have been activated on your line without your knowledge. Again, the code is ## 002 #.
MTN Call Divert Charges
While setting up MTN call forwarding on your line is completely free, you will be charged for using the service that may occur while using it.
Do not be afraid! The cost of forwarding calls on MTN is not unusually high. In general, your SIM card will be charged based on your current calling rate to the destination phone number.
In other words, if your current call rate to MTN phone numbers is 11k / sec, you only have to pay the same amount for each call that is forwarded to another MTN line.
If you forward to another network (for example Glo …), your normal calling rate will be charged for Glo numbers. Here is a post explaining how to activate and deactivate call forwarding and call barring on all networks.
Also, keep in mind that all charges are billed to the phone number from which you forward calls.