HOW TO REGISTER FOR GLO BACKUP & MTN BACKUP SERVICE?
What is MTN Backup Service?
What are the things you can back up?
- • Backup SIM Contacts
- • Mobile phone contact backup
- • Backup Tasks
- • Backup Calendars / Notes
- • Have a personal online account where you save your contacts with protected login and password.
How to Register For My MTN Backup Contact?
You’ll use mtn sim plus to register for MTN backup in this tutorial.
- Put your new SIM card in the compatible phone; if you have made a SIM switch (i.e. if your old MTN SIM card is NOT a 128K SI card).
- Go to “MTN Services” on your mobile phone, click on it and you will see “MTN SIM Plus” and then “MTN Backup”.
- Click on “MTN Backup” and then click on “Backup SIM Contacts”.
- You will be asked if you want to sync (i.e. update) your SIM phonebook now.
- Click OK and wait a while to back up your SIM contacts.
- Upon completion, you will receive an MTN Backup service OTA message containing your MTN backup web address, your login (your mobile number, for example, 2348012345678), and your password.
How To Use MTN Backup Online Portal?
Follow these easy steps to use MTN Backup Online Portal:
- Step 1. Go to Mtn Backup Online Portal page via the official link below.
- Step 2. Log in using your username and password. The login screen appears upon successful login. You can register if you’re visiting for the first time.
- Step 3. Then, follow the on-screen information to back up your MTN contacts.
What is the MTN Backup Code Number
The mtn backup code number is 307. To Use the mtn backup code number, dial *307# to access MTN backup service. Select MTNBackup. Select Backup SIM Contacts. Select OK from the pop-up message “Do you want to save your SIM phonebook” or Synchronize. Or Text “Start” to 307 and follow the prompts.
After done with the contacts backup, how can I restore my mtn backup contact when I need it? We have a solution for you, the next part will talk about how you can do MTN backup restore.
How To Retrieve MTN Backup Contacts
When you set up my mtn backup contact process, you can go ahead To Retrieve your MTN Backup Contacts.
- You must visit MTN’s online support portal;
- Go to the devices in the MTN backup menu and check the recent device you backed up to.
- Choose your new device to which you want to send the contacts.
- Select “Sync Now”.
- You will then receive a message that the synchronization is in progress.
After completion, get all your contacts from the old device to a new device. This way you will not lose any important contact!
That’s all you need to know about mtn backup restore. You can restore up to 200 contacts from your SIM card and up to 5000 contacts from your old device! You will be billed N50 every two weeks to use the service. The first payment for using the backup plan is 100N. The data is synchronized with the online contact storage every two weeks.
What is the Cost of MTN Backup?
How many contact numbers can you backup on MTN?
How To Stop MTN Backup
If for one reason or the other, you want to stop MTN backup service, this section will show you How To stop MTN Backup service. To stop MTN Backup, simply send “STOP” without a quotation mark to 307 as SMS.
How To Do GLO Backup?
To back up your Glo SIM contacts, Visit the Globacom Unified Mobile Directory (https://backup-globacom-ng.weballynis.gemalto.com/simcare/signup.htm) to sign up for a backup account. You would need to fill in your Glo number and verification code on the website.
Why do I have to register for glo backup?
If this is your next question “Why do I have to sign up for Glo Backup” and this “this is not important” your next thought, then you are all wrong because it matters 100%. The diagram below shows why you should back up your Glo Sim.
- Stores your contact and restores it when needed.
- Keep your text messages in a database for you and restore them when you need them.
- Save time and energy because it is automatic, unlike when you do it manually with pen and paper.
How can I register for glo backup?
You can sign up for Glo Backup if you follow the simple instructions below:
- Call Glo Customer Service at [121 “usually takes 15-20 minutes to answer”] and request a Glo Backup account.
- They will activate it and send you a username “your phone number” and a password that will allow you to access it online at any time at http://www.gloworld.com/gh/vas/glo-backup
- Glo will also warn you to backup your sim when there is a new activity on it.
- Go to “Glo Services” in your phone menu,
- Then click Glo BackUp and choose the desired option.
How Many Contact Can I Save on My Sim?
Saving Contacts on Your SIM Card, Phone, and E-mail – Completely Explained.
How To Retrieve Lost Contact Numbers
How to Recover Lost Contact Numbers
- Log in to your iCloud or Google account on your PC or tablet and confirm that your data has been backed up.
- Unlink your digital wallets such as Apple Pay and Google Pay from your account.
- If you have an Apple phone, you may also want to deactivate your iCloud account (s) temporarily.
How to restore your contacts
Here’s how to recover contacts from an Android phone
Here’s how to recover contacts from iPhone
Other Backup Mobile Contacts services
- Mobical – Mobical is a service that stores your essential personal phone data in a safe place – for free. You can visit the mobical web page for more information.
- Bloove – Bloove is a web-based mobile management system. With Bloove, you can edit your contacts, send SMS messages, or work with your favorites using your favorite browser. You can also backup and restore your data and copy SMS messages and contacts between different phones.
- Anywr – Anywr is a web and mobile system that offers a simple management system, but powerful services for intelligently managing contacts, events, and communications from virtually anywhere using browsers, mobile devices, or any of the 750 million compatible devices.