How To Configure Message Center Number for MTN, AIRTEL, 9mobile & GLO
This article will show you the MTN Message center number, Airtel Message Center number, 9mobile message center number, and GLO Center Number with step by step on how to set up SMS service numbers if you’re not able to send messages on your phone.
This List of SMSC numbers will cover different countries like Nigeria, Uganda, Ghana, etc. This post will include how to set up SMSC numbers on Android and iPhone.
What is a Fixed Message Center?
Message Center is a web-based console that allows you to view and manage messages quarantined as spam. Depending on the settings your administrator selects, the Message Center may also contain a list of messages delivered to your non-Gmail inbox.
Why My SIM is Not Sending Message?
Airtel, Glo, Etisalat, and MTN Nigeria Message Center Number 2020/2021
MTN Message Center Number Nigeria
- The MTN message center number in Nigeria 2020 is +234803000000 and the mtn message centre name is MTN. Learn about how to fix mtn message sending failed here.
Airtel Message Center Number Nigeria
- The Airtel message center number Nigeria 2020 is +2348020000009 and the center name is Airtel. Learn about the Airtel SMS center number in India here.
9mobile Message Center Number (formerly Etisalat)
- The 9mobile message center number (Etisalat) is +2348090001518 and the center name is 9mobile
GLO Center Number in Nigeria
- The GLO message center number Nigeria is +2348050001501 and the center name is Glo
MTN Message Center Number Uganda
- MTN Message Center Number Uganda is +256771100020.
Airtel Uganda Message Center Number
- The Airtel message center number in Uganda is +25675010004
Message Center Number For MTN Ghana
- The MTN message center number in Ghana is +233244500000
MTN Message Centre Number in South Africa
MTN has different message center numbers for both contract and prepaid customers.
- MTN message center number For Prepaid customers: +27831000113
- MTN message center number for Customers with MTN contract: +27 831 000002 (5 zeros)
How to change the SMS Center number on Android To Fix Message Sending Fail:
Many are wondering how to change the SMS center on the Android mobile. This is why we provide the full process below.
First of all open the messaging app from your mobile, click the Menu button and go to Settings, Go to More settings, or Advanced settings.
Scroll down to find the SMS center number. Enter the correct SMS center number available above.
So, guys, this is the way to easily change the message center number on your android phone. You will only find these options in the standard messaging app on your phone.
Set SMSC via the secret phone menu
This method works for the most part – it’s the method most recommended by all experts. Personally, it didn’t work for me. When I try to add my provider’s SMSC number to the correct field, the menu returns a “failed” error. This was whether I converted the SMSC to PDU or not. So, if this method doesn’t work for you either, try the following.
- Open your dialer.
- Enter the number * # * # 4636 # * # *
- A menu will open. Select “About phone”.
- Scroll down to SMSC and tap “Update”. This should automatically attempt to set up your SMSC number correctly.
- If it doesn’t work (“Update Error”), you can try setting it manually.
- SMSC update error.
- Enter your provider’s SMSC number in the SMSC field.
- After entering the SMSC number, tap “Update”.
If you don’t know your provider’s SMSC, you can consult a list of global SMSC numbers for the most popular providers by country. However, these lists may be out of date – it may be best to contact your carrier to get the correct SMSC number.
If you receive an “Update Error” when adding the SMSC manually, many users recommend converting the SMSC number to PDU format. This hasn’t worked for me personally, but I’ll list the steps in case it works for you.
- Visit this website – Online PDU Encoder and Decoder.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page, where it contains a field to convert SMSC to.
- Clear all text in the “Recipient” fields and the message box above the “Convert” button.
- Enter your SMSC number in the SMSC field and click Convert.
- The box on the right produces a series of letters and numbers. You need the first 16 digits on the second line (highlighted in our screenshot).
- Enter this PDU number in the SMSC field and try pressing “Update” again. If it still doesn’t work, try adding a + sign to the beginning of the PDU number. If the problem persists, try the next method.
Reset the SMSC in another phone
If nothing has worked for you so far, some people report that they can fix the problem by setting the SMSC in another phone and then reinserting the SIM card into the problem phone.
Take out the SIM card from your device and paste it on another phone. Even an old Nokia should work for this.
Find the SMS / SMSC settings on the other phone and set them correctly. It is important to remember that SMSC settings are not actually stored on a phone but on the SIM card itself. Then the correct SMSC configuration will be transferred when you bring it back to your regular phone.
I hope this helps you resolve problems with sending SMS successfully on your phone; if not, please speak to a customer care person.