Is interfirst mortgage legit? Today, we’ll take a look at “InterFirst Mortgage,” which describes itself as a motivated mortgage originator backed by private equity.
With the money they have available, they intend to buy consumer-direct call centers and “strategically situated licensed conforming/government wholesale mortgage operations” all throughout the country.
As a result of what they perceived to be “oversaturation and overvaluation in the mortgage industry,” they temporarily put activities on pause in 2017; nevertheless, they resumed operations in the middle of 2020 with an enlarged business plan and a unique loan origination platform.
Learn more about them now.
Fast Facts about InterFirst Mortgage
- Lender of direct-to-consumer mortgages backed by private equity
- Reintroduced in 2020 by current CEO Dmitry Godin after being established in 2001
- Principal office in Rosemont, Illinois (Chicago suburb)
- Provides refinance and home purchase loans.
- It also runs departments for wholesale and correspondent financing.
- Chicago mortgage solutions LLC is the parent firm.
About Interfirst Mortgage
The $35 billion originator of mortgages that Interfirst Mortgage Company claims to be may need to be increased in light of the recent year.
The key is that, despite a relaunch in 2020, they have a history and are experts in their field. Their executive staff has, in fact, worked in the mortgage industry for more than 100 years.
The business was first established in 2001, and current CEO Dmitry Godin revived it in 2020 with a fresh new appearance.
They run a wholesale lending department, a correspondent lending department, and a retail direct-to-consumer section.
As a result, you can apply directly through their website, through a mortgage broker who has been approved, or through a bank or credit union that serves as a correspondent.
My understanding is that they do not have physical locations you can visit, so if you choose the direct-to-consumer option through their website, you will be working remotely.
With intentions to eventually expand to all 50 states, InterFirst now has licenses in 19 states.
Colorado, Connecticut, Delaware, District of Columbia, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Louisiana, Michigan, Minnesota, Mississippi, New Mexico, Ohio, Oregon, Texas, Utah, Virginia, West Virginia, and Wisconsin are the places where they are now conducting business.
I think they’re just conducting wholesale lending in Utah for now, so if you want to finance a house there, you’ll have to work through a mortgage broker.
How to Get Started With Interfirst Mortgage Loan
- You can also get in touch with them by phone, email, or through their website.
- You can enter the application on their website straight away if you don’t want to wait.
- With their Blend-powered mortgage application, you can perform the majority of chores without using paper.
- But it might be advisable to obtain pricing first, followed by applying with a loan officer’s help.
I enjoy that InterFirst Mortgage allows me to start the mortgage loan process right away without having to talk to anyone or go through any hurdles.
Simply click “Buy a Home” or “Refinance” after you’ve reached their website to start the home loan application process.
One of the top names in the financial industry, Blend, powers their online experience.
The majority of tasks, including integrating financial accounts, scanning and uploading documents, and electronically signing disclosures, may be accomplished without using paper.
Following the submission of your loan, you will receive a chronology of events, information on the status of your loan, and a list of actions you must perform to complete the process.
Although you don’t require human assistance to get started, it would definitely be a good idea to contact and chat with a loan officer first to receive pricing.
Mortgages are price-sensitive, so before you formally apply, you should know where they stand on interest rates and costs.
However, if you already believe in them, you can skip that stage.
Remember that the application will question you if you are working with someone, and if so, you must submit their name.
Despite its emphasis on technology, InterFirst Mortgage will nevertheless put you in touch with a skilled lending team that includes a loan officer, process, underwriter, and funder.
Available Loan Programs at InterFirst Mortgage
- Home loan financing
- Loan refinancing: interest rate, term, and cash out
- Consistent loans
- Higher balance loans
- Optional fixed-rate terms include 10, 15, 20, 25, and 30 years.
- Options with adjustable rates: 5/1 and 7/1 periods
Owner-occupied principal residences, second houses, and investment properties are all eligible for InterFirst Mortgage financing (1-4 units).
Home purchase loans and refinances, including rate and term and cash-out refinances, are also available.
They don’t specifically mention lending for renovations on their website, so it’s unclear if they do, but there’s a good chance they do.
The same is true for loans from the FHA, VA, and USDA, which are not listed anywhere.
Although it’s not apparent if they offer jumbo house loans, the good news is that they do offer conforming loans, including high balance loan amounts above the conforming loan limit.
Also available are a choice of loan conditions for fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages.
My only complaint is that their website doesn’t have a clear lending menu, which would answer some of these queries.
Rates for InterFirst Mortgage
Interfirst Mortgage, like many other banks and lenders, doesn’t publish its mortgage rates online.
The fact that we don’t know where they stand since they have given us no signals does not imply that their interest rates are higher than those of the competition.
As a result, you’ll need to contact a loan officer to obtain pricing.
Ask the lender about any additional expenses they may charge, such as application fees, loan origination fees, and so on.
Once you have all of this information, you can decide whether or not they are a good choice based on the pricing aspect and, if you like what you hear from a member of their staff, possibly also on the personality aspect.
Spend some time looking around and obtaining several quotations from different lenders so you can determine where each one stands in terms of pricing.
Even though it seems simple to apply for a home loan, you can end up paying the mortgage for a very long time.
Reviews and Ratings for InterFirst Mortgage
They now have a 4.4-star rating out of 5 on Bankrate, which is a respectable score. Over 100 of those have five-star ratings.
Even better ratings of 4.54/5 from 84 reviews can be found at the Better Business Bureau, which is unexpected given that complaints are normally made there.
The Better Business Bureau has accredited InterFirst Mortgage since 2020, and it now has an “A+” rating.
Given their recent relaunch, they are still relatively new, although they have fewer reviews at some of the other top rating sites.
Nevertheless, they managed to garner a 4.45 out of 5-star rating from 20 reviews on Zillow, which, while not much, is at least encouraging to start.
Similar to this, they have 8 reviews on LendingTree with a flawless 5-star rating, all of which are 5-star reviews.
Overall, as a recently relaunched mortgage lender, they seem to be creating a solid reputation and might be a viable option for your home buy or refinance needs.
Make sure they offer the particular loan program you’re searching for, as those specifics don’t appear to be listed on their website.
Pros and Cons of InterFirst Mortgage
- Can apply for a mortgage without a person’s help
- Offer a Blend-powered online loan application procedure.
- Excellent customer feedback across a number of review websites. A+ BBB rating.
- Mortgage estimators that are free
- Never make their mortgage rates or lender costs available online.
- What financing programs they provide are unclear.
KEY TAKEAWAYS – IS INTERFIRST MORTGAGE LEGIT
- Instant preapprovals online. Find out your borrowing capacity as well as the interest rate.
- Only one mortgage program is available. Only jumbo mortgages are offered by Interfirst Mortgage.
- Financing for several forms of real estate. offers mortgage loans for single-family, prefabricated, and multi-family houses.
- Forms of common interest rates. Both fixed-rate and adjustable-rate mortgages are available from Interfirst Mortgage.
- Examines both homes for personal use and investments. Financing is offered for permanent residences, second homes, and even investment residences like rental homes.
- Charges a fee for prepayment. This means that if you pay off the mortgage early, you will incur additional fees.
- The maximum LTV ratio is high. Inter first Mortgage offers an above-average maximum loan-to-value ratio of 85%. Most lenders prefer that you have 20% or more equity.
- Applications from cosigners and co-borrowers are accepted. When applying for Interfirst Mortgage, a cosigner or co-borrower may help you qualify for better terms and rates.
- Accepted is fair credit. For Interfirst Mortgage, borrowers with credit scores as low as 620 may be eligible.
FAQ FOR INTERFIRST MORTGAGE – IS INTERFIRST MORTGAGE LEGIT
What is the longest loan term Interfirst Mortgage will offer?
10 to 30-year mortgage terms are available through Interfirst Mortgage. Longer periods enable borrowers to take on higher loan amounts while maintaining more manageable monthly payments. However, you will pay more interest the longer the loan’s term is.
How much does Chicago Mortgage Solutions LLC charge for mortgages?
Mortgage rates vary greatly depending on the type of loan and the term length and are subject to daily market-based changes. For instance, jumbo loans normally have higher mortgage rates than conforming conventional loans, and fixed-rate mortgages will typically have higher interest rates than mortgages with variable rates. Before picking a house loan, seek quotations from three or more mortgage providers to find the best interest rate that is accessible to you.
What is the application fee for Interfirst Mortgage?
No, there isn’t a price for the application. The cost of the loan application process is, however, very certainly covered by other closing charges.
Are mortgage origination costs levied by them?
It’s possible for Interfirst Mortgage to impose a loan origination fee.
Which mortgage programs are offered?
Interfirst Mortgage also provides the following mortgage kinds in addition to standard mortgages:
Massive loans are any loan that exceeds the conforming loan restrictions established by the Federal Housing Finance Agency ($548,250 as of 2021).
What kinds of property utilization are permitted by Interfirst Mortgage?
Some mortgage lenders impose limitations on the uses that borrowers may use of mortgaged properties. The following types of property utilization are permitted by Interfirst Mortgage:
- Main residence
- Vacation properties and second residences
- Properties for investment and home renovation initiatives
What phone number does customer service have?
(847) 999-7283 is the Interfirst Mortgage customer care number.
What is the support email address?
Info@interfirst.com is the email address to reach customer service for this business credit card.