Kansas City General Liability Insurance: Are you a Kansas City business owner looking for general liability insurance? This CGL insurance article is there for you. It only takes one claim to cripple your business financially, so you should have adequate coverage from a highly reputable carrier.
At its core, general liability insurance (aka CGL for commercial general liability) is the most basic form of commercial liability insurance. If you own a business, Kansas City General Liability Insurance is not optional, it is mandatory.
What does Kansas City General Liability Insurance cover?
Business is inherently risky, but general liability insurance protects against many known and unknown risks.
Simply put, CGL protects you, your business, and your employees from claims related to personal injury or property damage arising out of your business. These policies cover the costs of out-of-court settlements, lawsuits, and court decisions. CGL is often linked to BPP (Business Personal Property) coverage in a BOP (Business Owners Policy).
Here are some things to expect from general liability insurance:
- Physical Injury: This is a cover that compensates for the physical damage suffered by others. For example, if a customer slips and falls in your store, this coverage can cover recovery costs. It can pay for care costs, lost income, missed benefits, and even a death benefit.
- Property Damage: This coverage allows you to pay someone for damage or loss of use to their personal property. For example, if you cause a fire while maintaining a kitchen, it can help you pay for the damage cost.
- Product Completed Operations: After you complete a product or project for someone, that person may be injured due to a service outage. This coverage allows you to pay for your losses. So if you’re completing a plumbing project when revenue isn’t coming, this coverage can compensate the customer.
- Product Liability: This coverage is more for product-related injuries or accidents. So if a coffee cup you made breaks and burns a customer, this cover can help you defend yourself and cover their losses.
- Contractual Liability: When you enter into a contract with a client, you can be held liable if you don’t do your work as promised. General liability insurance can help you pay for such damages.
- Legal Defense Costs: When dealing with liability claims, the general liability policy will usually help you pay for the costs of defense and settlements and related costs.
Kansas City General Liability Insurance agency representative can help you figure out the right way to structure your liability coverage so it can be applied effectively to your specific risks.
Other coverage options
If you have more specific liability insurance requirements, we offer other policy options. Among them:
- Appropriate use of force
- Borrowed equipment
- Liability for alcohol
- Motor vehicle liability (with motor vehicle policies)
- Liability for other vehicles
- Liability for fire, lightning, or explosion
- Liability for water damage
- Random medical payments
- Personal damage
- Advertising violation
- Cyber liability
In some cases, you can add this coverage to your general liability insurance yourself. In other countries, you can purchase additional policies to increase overall general liability coverage.
What is not covered by this Kansas City General Liability Insurance?
- Personal Injury for You or Your Employees – To have health insurance for you or your employees in the event of a work-related injury, you must have workers’ compensation insurance.
- Your company car – Public liability does not cover damage to your company car, to have your company car insured you need company car insurance.
- Defective Workmanship – Your general liability does not guarantee your work, it only covers incidental property damage or personal injury to third parties.
- Professional Misconduct – General liability does not protect you against professional misconduct such as bad advice to your customers. For this protection, you need professional liability insurance.
- Damage to your property – You must have a separate policy for your work equipment, but sometimes a driver can be added to your general liability policy.
Depending on the type of business, sometimes it’s better to have a Business Owner (BOP) policy. Business liability insurance includes business liability insurance and business liability insurance in one. If your business has a physical location, a BOP policy is a better fit for you.
How much liability insurance do I need?
To determine where to start with your liability insurance, take a close look at the factors that can affect the level of protection you need. This can be:
- Coverage requirements set by state law or industry regulators
- The size of the company
- Your industry and industry risks
- The background and experiences of you and your employees
- The location of the company
- In general, it’s a good idea to have as much liability insurance as you can afford, so don’t hesitate to increase your coverage within reasonable limits.
How much does Kansas City General Liability Insurance Cost?
Your policy premium will vary and will likely be factored into the cost of your larger business insurance package. Let our agents help you maximize your cost savings across all your policies.
What is involved in taking out CGL insurance?
Each type of insurance requires certain acceptance and eligibility questions to be answered before the insurance company can make the final assessment.
An Online Insurance agency can guide you through the process and make it easy for you. Many companies require you to provide them with an insurance certificate before you can work for them.
This proves to them that you have active insurance coverage, which is usually a requirement if you run a business in most states.
Don’t worry if this confuses you, we’ll make the process easy. Give us a call and we can help start the process when you’re ready.
Best Kansas City General Liability Insurance Agency?
Bargain Insurance Connection searches quotes from many insurance companies to find you the lowest quote and we’ll get it to you within minutes. We are the address for cheap car insurance and SR22 insurance. We offer competitive rates on a variety of policies, including commercial auto insurance. Quality coverage you need at an unbeatable price – all from one convenient location at 2635 NE Vivion Rd, Kansas City, MO 64119.
You can also get general liability coverage without the added hassle of starting your business.
The right insurance protects you, your family, and your assets. That’s why we offer affordable auto insurance from some of the leading providers in Kansas City at incredible prices.
They are an independent insurance company that works hard to get exactly what each customer needs, with no hidden costs or surprises – just great service and quality protection.
Briarcliff Insurance Group is a Dave Ramsey Endorsed Local Provider (ELP) here in Kansas City. Dave’s team ensures that every ELP truly has an educator’s heart, so you can be assured that your ELP will provide top-notch customer service. If you’re looking for a superior customer experience when it comes to your insurance, they would love the opportunity to earn your business and show you what it’s like to be protected by a team that genuinely cares about their customers.
- Address: 1508 NW Vivion Rd Ste 300 Kansas City, MO 64118
- Phone: (816) 759-2133
- Email: [email protected] briarcliffinsurance.com
Auto Insurance Discounters is licensed to sell insurance in four states: Kansas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Texas. Whether you live in Kansas City, St Louis, Topeka, Wichita, Oklahoma City, or Dallas, they can get you affordable coverage that meets your state’s insurance requirements. Get in touch with us today to get insurance for your assets in these areas.
While they cover a large area, we are a local agency at heart, so you won’t ever have to worry about getting in line to talk to one of our agents. They can compare the policies of different providers to get you the right coverage at the best price.
Auto Insurance Discounters is there for you when you need us. You can reach them via their web site’s online forms 24 hours a day, seven days a week, or by phone at (866) 288-6545.
If you give us a call, we can often make changes to your policy over the phone. We are also glad to start a policy over the phone. We’ll get your policy started quickly and easily.
How to get started on your Kansas City General Liability Insurance quote
To get started on your quote, call any of the Insurance Agencies our office number or visit their quotes page on their official website. Either way, we’ll make the process simple!