How do you factory reset a Samsung Galaxy phone that is locked?
If you can’t access your Samsung S22, this article can help you.
Much of our lives are spent on our smartphones these days. So forgetting your phone password can be a disaster.
In the past, you could remove the lock screen from a smartphone by doing a simple factory reset. But learning how to reset a locked Samsung phone can be a daunting task.
Fortunately, there is a solution to this problem, and it is called PassFab Android Unlocker.
Let’s see How do you factory reset a Samsung Galaxy phone that is locked?.
Method 1: PassFab Android Unlocker
If you want to know how to reset a locked Saa Samsung device, PassFab is the answer. PassFab will help you remove the lock screen with just a fewphonesks.
With PassFab you screens among other things:
• Unlock early Samsung phones like Galaxy a Note 3 without losing data.
• Factory reset Samsung phone without password.
• Remove FRP lock after factory reset to remove Google account verification on Samsung devices.
• Unlock almost all android phone with dead or broken screen.
Follow the steps below to find out how to factory reset Samsung phone without password.
A word of warning: Removing a phone’s lock screen will delete all data on the device.
• Download PassFab and install it on your Windows PC. Then open PassFab and click Remove Screen Lock.
• Connect the phone you want to unlock to the computer, press Remove screen lock, and click Start.
• PassFab will then warn you of the resulting data loss, if you want to continue, choose Yes. Otherwise, click No to exit the process.
• Wait for PassFab to finish removing the lock screen password from your phone. Press Done once the process is complete.
Congratulations, you have successfully removed the password protected lock screen from your smartphone.
Removing the lock screen this way works for most Android devices. However, if you have an older Samsung phone such as Galaxy S2, you can remove the lock screen without data loss.
How To Remove The Lock Screen From Samsung Phones Without Losing Data
Unlike most Android devices, you can remove the lock screen from some Samsung smartphones without losing data with PassFab Android Unlocker.
The process only works on Windows and only for early Samsung phones like the original Galaxy Note 3.
Here’s how to do it:
• Download and install PassFab Android Unlocker. Then open the app, click Remove screen lock and connect your phone to the computer.
• Then choose Remove screen lock without data loss and press Start.
• Once the Select your device information panel appears, enter the correct name and model number of your phone for Device Name and Device Model. Then press Next.
• PassFab starts downloading a data package. After the download is complete, click Next.
• Now you need to put your Samsung Galaxy device into download mode. To do this, press and hold the volume down button, the power button and the home button at the same time. Once a warning page appears on the phone, release all buttons and press volume up.
• In the download mode, press Start and wait for PassFab to remove the lock screen from your Samsung smartphone.
Method 2: How do you factory reset a Samsung Galaxy phone that is locked Using Find My Device?
Once you forget your Android phone’s password, there’s not much more you can do. The only way to clear your phone’s lock screen is to erase all data on your device, either by factory resetting it or by erasing all data through Google’s Find My Device service.
This section explains how to reset Samsung phone without password using Google Find My Device.
Before proceeding, please note that after clearing your data on your device, you will need to sign in with the Google account that you used to set up your device for the first time. If you don’t remember your Google account credentials, you risk losing access to your phone forever.
• First, go to Google’s Find My Device page and sign in when prompted.
• In the left pane, click Erase device. Your phone must be online for Find My Device to work.
• Read the onscreen instructions and press Erase Device if you want to continue.
• After clearing all data, follow the on-screen instructions to set up your phone.
Method 3: How do you factory reset a Samsung Galaxy phone that is locked Using Factory Reset
If you’re curious about how to reset a locked Samsung phone, the easiest way to do it is to perform a factory reset.
• First turn off your phone. Then press and hold the Volume Up, Power, and Home/Bixby buttons until the Samsung logo appears.
• Once at the logo screen, release the buttons. On devices without a Home and Bixby button, for example the Galaxy S22, you use the Volume Up and Power buttons.
• Once in the recovery menu, navigate to wipe data/factory reset using the volume up/down button and select the option by pressing the power button.
• Choose Yes when prompted and wait for the process to complete.
• Finally, reboot your phone and set up your phone.
On Samsung devices, Factory Reset Protection (FRP) is enabled by default. After doing a factory reset to reset your Samsung password, you need to sign in with the Google account you used to set up your phone for the first time.
So if you are wondering how to factory reset Samsung phone without password, use PassFab Android Unlocker.
Unlock the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G by answering Google’s security questions
If you set up security questions while protecting your Google account, you can unlock your device by answering these questions.
• Step 1: After several failed attempts, you will be given the option “Forgot Pattern” or “Forgot PIN/Password”.
• Step 2 – Tap on it and then select the “Answer questions” option.
• Step 3: You will be presented with the Google security questions that you have added to your account. Answer them accordingly.
• Step 4 – Answering the security questions correctly will unlock your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G.
• Step 5: After successful unlocking, you will be prompted to create a new PIN, password or pattern lock for your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G.
Hard reset (factory reset) Samsung Galaxy S22 5G to unlock
Unfortunately, if none of the aforementioned methods work in your case, you only have the option to do a factory reset/hard reset on your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G. To do this, follow these steps:
• Step 1 – Turn off your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G.
• Step 2: Now turn it on by pressing and holding the “Power Button + Volume Up” combinations for a few seconds until you see the Samsung Galaxy S22 5G logo on the screen.
• Step 3 – Select the “Yes” option for the factory data reset message.
Please note that a hard reset will erase all data and settings on your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S22 5G with Google Find My Device
While you may be able to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S22 5G using Google Find My Device, this method will erase all data on your phone.
This is how you can do it:
• Step 1 – Open Google Find My Device and sign in with your Google account.
• Step 2 – After successful login, you need to select “the Erase device” option followed by “Erase all data”.
• Step 3: Once you hit the “Erase” button, it will start to delete data on your Android device.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S22 5G with Android Data Recovery Tool
• Step 1 – Simply download and install the Dr.Fone software.
• Step 2: Once the software is downloaded, launch it.
• Step 3 – Connect your smartphone to a computer using the original cable.
• Step 4: dr.fone will start detecting your smartphone.
• Step 5: Once the process is completed, now follow the on-screen instructions accordingly.
• Step 6: Choose the options available in dr.fone accordingly and you are good to go.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G with your Google account
• After several failed attempts, you will get the Forgot Pattern and Forgot PIN/Password option on your Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G.
• Now sign in to your Google account by entering details such as your username/password.
• Then click the Sign Up button.
That is it. Your Samsung S22 Ultra 5G will be unlocked.
More tips: How to change the password on your Samsung Galaxy S22
Changing or resetting the password on your Samsung Galaxy S22 or any modern Samsung phone is incredibly easy.
To reset the Samsung password, do the following:
• Go to the Settings app and scroll down to the Lock screen section.
• In the Screen lock section, touch the screen lock type and enter your password/PIN when prompted.
• Finally, click None > Clear Data.
• And voila, you have successfully reset your Samsung password.
So I showed you the complete guide on how to hard reset and unlock Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G.
Hope you find this article helpful and that you can reset your phone and unlock your Galaxy S22 Ultra 5G.
Tell me, which method would you like to try first?
Do you have any doubts or questions about this manual? If yes, please leave a comment below, I will try to solve your problem as soon as possible.
Thanks for reading this article