How Do I Fix My iPhone Not Ringing For Incoming Calls?
How do I fix my iphone not ringing for incoming calls? Are you looking for how to fix the iPhone not ringing on incoming calls? Or why is my iphone not ringing when I get a call or text? This post will be showing you how do I make my iphone ring on incoming calls. We will show you 12 methods to fix iPhone 12 not ringing on incoming calls, phone not ringing iphone, why is my iphone 6 not ringing when I get a call, why is my iphone 11 not ringing when I get calls and how to fix iphone not ringing when locked.
Imagine your iPhone can’t ring normally and you miss many important calls; it’s a very frustrating thing. But don’t worry, you are not the only one who has the problem of not touching the iPhone. You will see missed calls on the screen even if the phone is next to you. Even if you are sure that the ringer is on, the phone is not muted and you have not heard any sound.
Why My iPhone Not Ringing?
If your iPhone hasn’t suffered a sudden drop or other physical damage, you can probably rule out a hardware failure as the reason it didn’t get a ringtone. Just to be sure, open YouTube, a music app, or something similar and play something. Use the volume up button on the left side of your device to increase the volume.
When you hear the sound of the media, heave a sigh of relief. If not, here’s how to fix the iPhone speaker not working.
Once you are sure that the speaker is working, the most likely reasons for your iPhone not ringing are incorrect settings or temporary glitches. This includes putting the phone in Do Not Disturb or Silent mode, turning the ring volume to a minimum, muting unknown calls, and the like.
How Do I Fix My iPhone Not Ringing For Incoming Calls?
To help you solve the iPhone not ringing problem, this article will show you 12 effective methods to fix my iphone not ringing for incoming calls.
Method 1. Toggle the Do Not Disturb option
When you find that your iPhone won’t ring, the first method you can try is to check and uncheck the Do Not Disturb option. Sometimes you accidentally turn on Do Not Disturb, which turns off notifications, alerts, and calls. Your iPhone won’t ring, but calls can still come in and since you can’t hear the sound, you’ll see missed calls. In some cases, the user accidentally activates this feature without realizing it. You can quickly view the top left corner of your iPhone’s screen. If you see the moon icon, it means that Do Not Disturb is turned on. Follow the steps below to disable it:
- Swipe up from the bottom of the device to open Command Center.
- Tap the moon icon to turn it off.
Method 2. Check the ringer volume and turn up the volume
If the Do Not Disturb option is not enabled, you should now verify that the ringer volume is not muted or that the Silent Switch button is not enabled.
- Go to Settings -> Sound and check Ringtone and Volume options.
- Physically verify that the Silence button is enabled.
- Try turning up the volume on your iPhone and dial your number using the other device.
Method 3. Check iPhone Settings
Your iPhone won’t ring when call forwarding is turned on, and you won’t receive calls from people whose numbers you’ve blocked. So if you find your iPhone not ringing, you can check your iPhone settings.
- Open Settings from the iPhone home screen and tap Phone.
- Tap Call Forwarding. If the switch is on, tap to turn it off.
Method 4. Check for Headphones
If you use headphones to receive phone calls, plug them in and remove them. In some cases, the software that controls the headset can be confusing. Check the exhaust for dust or dirt. Use a soft brush to clean it, make sure you don’t push any dust into the socket. Plug the headphones in and unplug them a few times. This can take the iPhone out of mode and restore the sound from the speakers if this is the problem.
Method 5. Restart your iPhone
By restarting iPhone, you can’t touch the iPhone issue. It’s not hard for you. Follow the steps below to find out how to do this.
- Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button.
- Drag “Slide to Power Off” to turn off iPhone.
When your iPhone screen goes black, press and holds the Sleep/Wake button again to turn it back on.
Method 6. Update to the latest iOS version
Updating iOS can fix many software bugs and other issues, including iPhone not touching issues. After the iPhone backup, go to Settings and tap “General”, followed by “Software Update”. When you see an update available, choose “Install Now”. When the update completes the installation, the device will automatically reboot and boot normally when finished.
- Click Settings and then tap General.
- Touch Software Update.
- Tap Install Now.
Method 7: Double-check if you have blocked the caller
Once you block someone on your iPhone, they won’t be able to call, FaceTime, or text you. You may have accidentally blocked someone or you no longer need to block them. To fix this, here’s how to check and unblock your block list:
- Open Settings and tap Phone.
- Scroll down and tap Blocked Contacts.
- In the list of blocked contacts, swipe left on the desired item and tap Unblock. You can also tap Edit > red minus button > Unlock.
Method 8: Analyze Third Party Call Blockers
Suppose you expect a call from your bank. Any third-party caller ID and spam blocking app you have installed may think the customer service number is a robocall or spam and thus block it.
To fix this, open the app and whitelist all the songs you want. You can also disable all call barring from the app or by following the steps below:
- Open iPhone Settings and tap Phone.
- Tap Call Blocking & Caller ID.
- Disable all caller ID apps you see here.
Method 9. Check and disable call forwarding
When call forwarding is turned on, you will not receive a notification or ring tone because incoming calls are forwarded to another number. Here’s how to disable call forwarding to ensure that you receive normal calls:
- Open Settings and tap Phone.
- Tap Call forwarding and wait a few seconds for it to load.
- If it’s on, tap the Call Forwarding switch to turn it off.
Method 10: Try turning off calls on other devices
If you have other Apple devices and have chosen to receive iPhone calls on your Mac, consider disabling this feature to see if it fixes the ringtone issue for you. See how:
- Open Settings on your iPhone and tap Phone.
- Tap Calls on other devices.
Method 11: Turn off the unknown caller silence
On iPhone with iOS 13 and later, the Unknown Calls mute feature will mute all incoming calls from people who are not in your contact list. It also suppresses ringtones for people you never contacted or never received their phone number (via call, text, or email).
So if someone such as a distant relative or delivery person calls, you may not hear the incoming ringtone if this setting is enabled. Follow the steps below to resolve this:
- Open the Settings app and tap Phone.
- If you see On next to Mute unknown callers, tap this field and turn off the slider on the next screen.
Now you should hear the ringtone for all incoming calls unless you have blocked the person.
Method 12: Factory Reset iPhone
If you’ve tried them all but your iPhone still won’t ring, it might be time to start over. You can factory reset your iPhone using iTunes. Everything you have stored on your device (applications, files, and settings that you have customized to suit your needs) will be erased. So remember to backup your iPhone before factory resetting your iPhone. And you need to install the latest version of iTunes on your PC or MAC. Then go to Settings > iCloud to turn off Find My iPhone.
- Connect iPhone to a computer with a USB cable. iTunes on your computer will launch automatically. Otherwise, double-click the icon to launch it.
- Click the name of your iPhone in the top right corner of iTunes and the information about your iPhone will be displayed. Click the “Restore iPhone” button in the window to start.
- iTunes will ask you if you want to back up your iPhone before restoring it. It is better to choose “Yes” so that the reset will erase the contents of your iPhone. Then iTunes will start restoring your iPhone to factory settings.
- Click Restore again to confirm. Then iTunes erases your iPhone and installs the latest iOS or iPod software. After the iPhone is restored to factory settings, it will reboot. Now you can set it up as new.
If none of these tips solved the problem
If you’ve tried all these tips and still don’t hear your incoming calls, it’s time to consult the experts. Make an appointment with the Apple Genius Bar at your local Apple Store or contact an Apple Authorized Service Provider to have your iPhone inspected and repaired.
How Do I Fix My iPhone Not Ringing For Incoming Calls – Frequently Asked Questions
How can I make certain contacts ring silently on my iPhone?
If you are using Do Not Disturb (DND) mode, you need to add certain contacts to Favorites and then configure what Do Not Disturb mode does to those Favorites. To set up favorites, go to Phone > Favorites > + > select contact(s). To enable Do Not Disturb, go to Settings > Do Not Disturb > Turn On Do Not Disturb > Allow Calls From > Favorites.
Why does my iPad ring when my iPhone rings?
This is a feature called Continuity, but it can be turned off if you want. To change this on your iPhone, go to Settings > Phone > Calling on other devices > uncheck Allow calling on other devices. To keep your iPhone from touching your iPad, go to Settings > FaceTime > Turn off iPhone Calls.