How To Transfer Data On MTN In South Africa in 2023?
How to share data on MTN in South Africa? In this digital age, many people are looking for information about how to transfer data on MTN in South Africa. If you’re a fan of this page from Nigeria, we have already written an article on how to transfer data on MTN in Nigeria.
The use of the internet has increased as people rely on it to earn money, communicate, get the latest news from all over the world, and also for entertainment purposes. Unfortunately, there are times when people don’t have enough data to access the internet. It is at these times that they seek information on how to transfer data on MTN in South Africa.
MTN is one of the best mobile networks in South Africa and several countries in Africa. The MTN data service allows you to browse, chat and even stream videos comfortably and easily. Surprisingly, one person can share MTN data with another MTN user.
In this article, we will see how to transfer data on the MTN and how to share data on MTN in South Africa. As with other mobile networks today, MTN allows users to purchase data in-store online. If you run out of data and you want to browse the web, you can buy MTN data online or ask a friend or colleague to share your MTN data.
However, the person sharing the data needs to know how to transfer data on MTN in South Africa.
Table of Contents
How To Transfer Data On MTN In South Africa?
You can follow the steps below to learn how MTN data transfer works.
- First, you need to make sure you have enough data on your SIM card to transfer MTN data to another MTN SIM card. If not, you can buy data packs by dialing *136*2*163#.
- Then make sure to enable the MTN data sharing service. To do this, simply dial *136*5#.
- Then choose the option ‘Manage data packages’. You will receive a four-digit security code. When prompted for a password, you can enter 0000 or change the PIN.
That’s all you need to do for how to share data on mtn in South Africa.
If you do not have an MTN contract, you can call 135 to access this service. This service is available to MTN PayAsYouGo, MTN Flexi, MTN Classic, and My MTNHoice customers.
Please note that if you are an MTN Sky package customer, you can share the data. However, you can only share it with one other song. You just need to make sure that the SIM card you are transferring to is registered with the MTN and that you have enough package to perform an MTN data transfer.
Now that you have learned how to send data on MTN, you can share your data and connect with your friends and loved ones around the world.
Important information about how to share data on MTN in South Africa
- Using MTN to access the internet is a great option for you. You can not only share data with another person, but also with multiple people. With MTN you can share a data package with 20 MTN users.
- You can link the numbers you want to share the data with by activating MTN DataShare in the store. You can also unlink these numbers. All this can be done by dialing *136*5#. However, if you unlink, you will need to be re-linked by the account holder if they want to access your shared data.
- As an MTN user, you also do not pay any costs for sharing your data with other numbers. It’s free and you can share the data anytime, anywhere.
- The primary account holder of the data or the person sharing the data can share the inclusive data, monthly data, and one-time data packs.
- What happens if the main account holder’s packs run out? If the person sharing the data packets no longer has them, the associated users will no longer be able to access the data. They only do this if the main account holder purchases other packages. Linked users are also not charged for out-of-package fees.
- People who don’t use MTN cannot use shared MTN data.
- You are not charged for linking users to your data bucket.
- Once you have linked your data to the main account holder, you should know that the MTN DataShare bucket will run out before your data.
If you are in Nigeria and Using MyMTN App, you can also use it to share data; here is how to share data using MyMTN App.
Conclusion – How to share data on MTN
With the above tips, now you know how to transfer data on MTN in South Africa. It’s a straightforward process. With this service, people could surf the Internet when their data packets ran out. Remember that you can only share this data with one MTN user. As the main account holder, you can also link the numbers with which you want to share the data.