What is the code to check BVN for GTBANK, Zenith Bank Diamond Bank, Access Bank, Wema Bank, Polaris Bank, Eco Bank, and all other banks in Nigeria.?
BVN is an acronym for Bank Verification Number. The Central Bank of Nigeria in conjunction with the Nigeria Interbank Settlement System (NIBSS) has introduced a biometric identification system known as the BVN. How to check BVN data online? To reduce and eliminate illegal activities and banking transactions, the BVN system has been put in place. For a more secure banking transaction
Did you know that you can easily check your bank verification number (BVN) without going to the bank? Oh yeah!. I bet you don’t know or you wouldn’t be reading this post.
If you forgot your BVN or lost your notebook or phone on which you recorded your BVN, don’t worry. In this post, I’ll explain everything you need to know about BVN and how to check a bank’s BVN code.
What is Bank Verification Number (BVN)
The Bank Verification Number (BVN) is a separate identification number for customers in the banking sector in Nigeria. In addition, it is a biometric authentication of each bank customer, to facilitate electronic and wire transfer transfers using a single set of numbers (Daily Trust, 2016).
To prevent or limit illegal transactions in the banking sector, the Central Bank of Nigeria has introduced biometrics. For example, without your BVN, no one can access your bank’s PIN or even your signature.
This means that your account details and biometric information in the database are protected. In addition, the efficiency of banks is increased.
To register with your BVN you need biometric data. These biometric details include the fingerprint of your ten fingers and your facial image.
- BVN offers a unique identity that can be verified with all banks in Nigeria
- BVN protects customers’ bank accounts and account information from unauthorized access
- Help solve identity theft issues by minimizing fraudulent activity
- Allows bank customers to participate in future banking activities
- BVN also increases the ability to blacklist customers.
- Boosts the efficiency of banking activities
- BVN’s distinguished clients are accepted as a means of identification at all banks in Nigeria
REQUIREMENTS TO OBTAIN BVN FROM THE BANK
You must show your valid ID: Nigerian International Passport, Nigerian National ID Card, or Nigerian Driver’s License
PROBLEMS YOU WILL FIND WITHOUT YOUR BVN
Without BVN, you are likely to encounter the following issues:
- Transactions on your account have been interrupted or delayed because you have not yet updated your bank account with your bank verification number.
- Inability to transfer money or perform specific online transactions using your bank account.
How to register for your BVN
Here are guidelines for registering your unique identification number.
- Enter any branch of your bank
- Then fill in the BVN application form and send it.
- Then make sure you have all biometric data (such as fingerprint, facial image, etc.)
- You will then receive a receipt with your transaction ID.
- Within 24 to 48 hours, after confirming your registration, the system will generate your BVN and you will receive an SMS for recording.
There maybe an error while registering your information, learn how to change or correct it here.
How to Check BVN Number Using USSD Code
If you want to check your BVN number on your mobile phone, it is very easy. Just enter code to check BVN with the phone number associated with your bank account. This code applies to all commercial banks in Nigeria and all networks in Nigeria-MTN, GLO, AIRTEL, and 9MOBILE.
The code to check BVN is therefore not selective. It works on any bank or network you use in Nigeria. You can check your BVN anywhere, anytime, as soon as you have your mobile phone
How to check BVN on MTN
To get your bank verification number on the MTN network
- Just dial code to check BVN on MTN *565*0#
- Wait a few seconds to receive your 11 digits
Code To Check BVN on Airtel Line
If you want to check your BVN on your Airtel network
- Just dial the code to check bvn – *565*0#
- Then wait a few seconds for NIBSS to send your unique 11 digits
How to Check BVN on GLO
Want to check your BVN on your GLO network?
- Just start by dialing *565*0#
- Then you wait a split second to enter your 11-digit NIBSS.
How to Check BVN on 9Mobile
If you want to check your unique bank verification number
- Just start dialing *565*0# and you’ll get your 11 digits in seconds.
CODE TO CHECK BVN AT DIFFERENT BANKS
Below I highlight simple ways to check the BVN for all banks. They are also simple and easy to remember.
Code to check BVN for GTBANK
To check BVN, account number, and balance on any of your GTB accounts, just dial in; *737*6*1# on your mobile and follow the instructions on the screen.
How to check BVN on first bank?
Just dial *565*0# to check your first Bank Verification Number (BVN).
How to Check BVN for Zenith Bank?
Simply dial *966*BVN# to update your Bank Verification Number (BVN) using the number associated with your Zenith bank account.
How to Check BVN for Polaris Bank?
Dial *565*0# from your registered number to retrieve your Polaris BVN bank.
How to check BVN for FCMB bank?
The code to check BVN easily on FCMB
How to check BVN for UBA bank?
Dial *565*0# on your registered mobile number to retrieve your UBA BVN.
How to check BVN for Eco Bank?
To know your Eco Bank (BVN) Verification Number, the simple methods now allow you to check your BVN number code on your mobile. Just dial *565*0# to check your BVN.
How to Check BVN for Wema Bank?
Confirm your Wema bank verification number by dialing *565*0# now!
How to check the diamond bank at BVN
You can use this *565*0# to check your Diamond Bank BVN code on whatever network you are using, MTN, Glo, 9Mobile, or Airtel.
How to Check BVN on Access Bank?
Dial *901# on the mobile number you used to open your Access Bank account and follow the instructions. You will then see your Diamond Access Bank BVN.
How to check BVN for Stanbic Bank?
Just dial *565*0# to check your Stanbic Bank (BVN) verification number.
However, some banks have specific access codes that allow you to check your bank verification number. For example, if you are a GTBank customer, you can use code *737# USSD to check your BVN.
How to Check My BVN Online?
You can check your BVN code number online and link your BVN to a specific bank account through internet banking. This requires an internet connection. To check your BVN number online, you need to log in to your internet banking application. And you will see the code on the homepage.
Some banks also have their USSD code to check BVN so you can check your BVN in one go. For example, if you use the Guarantee Trust Bank, you can dial *767*6*1#
For security reasons, always make sure that you do not disclose your BVN to anyone.
BVN code Charges
The use of the BVN code is not free. It comes to N10.00. If you don’t have around 10,000 in your account, you won’t be able to view your bank verification number.