If you have a Samsung Galaxy Note 9 and your screen refuse to sleep when charging, here is how to fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 screen does not sleep when charging
How To Fix Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Won’t Sleep While Charging
Here is a complete guide on how to get rid of charging Screen on Samsung Galaxy Note 9:
When I plug my charger into the phone, it doesn’t go to sleep. I have to manually black out the screen and then in the middle of the night when the battery reaches 100% the screen comes back on and doesn’t go off.
If the phone screen doesn’t turn off while charging, there is a chance that this can be fixed in the phone settings.
Fixing Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Won’t Sleep While Charging
- The first thing to do in this case is to enable the device’s developer options
- Go to the Settings menu on your phone. You can access it either through apps or directly from the notification area by tapping the gear icon in the top right corner of the display.
- Scroll down to Software Information and tap on it.
- Under Software Information, tap the About Phone option.
- Now find the “Build Number” and tap it 7 times to activate the developer options. This will activate the developer options, which you can access directly from the settings menu.
Once you’ve enabled developer options, continue with the steps listed below.
- Go to Settings on your device.
- Scroll all the way down and go to Developer Options.
- Look for the option: stay awake and if it’s on, turn the switch off.
If the problem persists, continue with the troubleshooting steps below.
Start the phone in Safe Mode
Try to check if a recently downloaded app is causing the problem by starting the phone in Safe Mode. When the phone is operated in this mode, only the pre-installed apps are allowed to run, which makes it easier to check whether a downloaded app is a culprit.
- Turn off the phone.
- Press and hold the power button until the model name screen appears on the screen.
- When SAMSUNG appears on the screen, release the power button.
- Immediately after releasing the power button, press and hold the volume down button.
- Continue to hold the Volume Down button until the device restarts.
- When Safe Mode appears in the lower-left corner of the screen, release the Volume Down button.
If the problem doesn’t appear in this mode, it could be caused by a downloaded app. Find out which app it is and uninstall it.
Perform a factory reset
A final troubleshooting step to consider is a factory reset. This will restore your phone to its original factory condition. Be aware that this will erase your phone data, so make sure to back up your data.
- Turn off the cell phone.
- Press and hold the volume up button and the Bixby button, then press and hold the power button.
- When the green Android logo appears, release all buttons (“Installing system update” will appear for about 30-60 seconds before the Android System Recovery menu options appear).
- Press the Volume Down button several times to highlight “Erase Data / Factory Reset”.
- Press the power button to select.
- Press the Volume Down button until “Yes – delete all user data” is highlighted.
- Press the power button to select and start the master reset.
- When the master reset is complete, “Reboot System Now” will be highlighted.
- Press the power button to restart the device.
We hope the above guide has helped you in fixing Samsung Galaxy Note 9 Screen Won’t Sleep While Charging. Please, share this on your social media platform for others to see it.