What is my hotspot password and how can I find my portable hotspot password on Android? A portable hotspot, also known as Wi-Fi tethering, is one of the most common ways to turn your Android phone into an Internet modem or router. Simple functionality has left the USB and Bluetooth counterparts underexposed.
The way it works is simple; setup is even easier. The sole purpose of using a mobile hotspot is to share your mobile connection with another phone, tablet, or computer. As nice as you are, you should protect the mobile hotspot with a password. If it is freely accessible to everyone, as a data philanthropist you can subscribe to multiple data plans within a month.
Okay, now that you’ve locked it with a password, you can forget it if you don’t use it regularly. Don’t worry, there are simple steps to find your password easily.
Know Your Android Phone Mobile Hotspot Password
The following guidelines will help you find your mobile hotspot password in no time:
- Pull down the notification shade and select the gear icon. The gear symbol represents the settings.
- Under Wireless & networks, tap More.
- From the list of options displayed, choose Tethering & portable hotspot.
- After making the above selection, tap “Wi-Fi Hotspot Settings and User Management”.
- Note: The mobile hotspot does not need to be turned on to know the password.
- Now click on “Set up WLAN hotspot”.
A pop-up window will appear showing SSID, Security, Password, AP Band, and Max. connections. Under the Password option, you will see a field with the information “Show password”. If you check the box, the password will be visible. If you disable it, it will be hidden as before.
At this point, you should have no more trouble finding out your Android phone’s Wi-Fi tethering password.