How can I activate and adjust the Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display? One of the largest smartphone manufacturers, Samsung is a South Korea-based company that was founded in 1969 as part of the Samsung Group. Samsung helps you discover a wide variety of smartphones.
On January 14, 2021, Samsung announced the Galaxy S21 premium smartphone series during the unpacked event, with a choice of three devices in the lineup. The Galaxy S21, S21+, and S21 Ultra all have a similar design, but different prices, specifications, and features.
All three Galaxy S21 models share the same design principles, although their physical dimensions and materials differ between the models. The Galaxy S21 is the smallest and lightest, followed by the S21+ and the Ultra is the largest and heaviest. All three Galaxy S21 devices run on either the Qualcomm Snapdragon 888 processor or the Exynos 2100, depending on which region you buy it from.
WHAT IS Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display (AOD)?
A unique feature for S21 Android phones is the Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display y. AOD leaves a small portion of the screen on, even when the phone is idle, to display certain types of information. By default, these are usually the time, date, and battery level, as well as certain types of notifications. And you have the option to show AOD – show 10 seconds, show always, or show as scheduled.
USING AND CUSTOMIZING THE ALWAYS-ON DISPLAY IN GALAXY S21, S21+, AND S21 ULTRA
- Go to the Settings menu
- Scroll down to the Lock screen option and tap on it.
- In the lock screen option, you will see the “Always-on-Display” option. (This option is activated by default).
- Then down there in the lock screen option.
You will see the clock style when you select it. Tap on that you have two options until the screen always appears first and the second lock screen.
Select the Always-on Display option. Six lock styles you can choose for AOD. In the clock style, you can choose the dual time clock or the calendar widget, or the lock screen widget.
Types of clocks
- Analog Clock
- Digital clock
Below type clock,
The color option is also there, by default it is white color but you can also choose light blue purple peach-orange, etc.
Once you are done choosing the color, you can go ahead and click Done.
Add a photo
You can also add the image to the AOD from the gallery.
- Add a theme
- Add gif
- The preview option is also available. So you can preview it before applying it.
- After all adjustments. You can save.
Note: Several options are available for displaying AOD, such as
- 10 seconds,
- Always on AOD,
- Plan AOD.
- Screen orientations,
- Music information etc.
Add a Background Image
- To add a personal touch, tap on “Background image” in the AOD settings.
- You can select a preloaded image or use one from your gallery.
- Adjust the transparency to make sure the clock and notifications are still visible.
Select Notification Display
- Under “Show information,” you can decide which notifications appear on your AOD.
- Customize the layout and style of notifications to your liking.
- This is especially handy if you want to see incoming calls, messages, or app alerts at a glance.
Enable Quick Settings
- If you want quick access to essential functions, enable “Quick settings” on AOD.
- This feature allows you to control functions like Wi-Fi, Bluetooth, and flashlight directly from the AOD screen.
Set a Schedule
- To save battery life, consider setting a schedule for AOD.
- You can choose specific times when AOD is active, ensuring it’s only on when you need it.
Customize Lighting Effects
- Make your AOD stand out by customizing lighting effects.
- Experiment with different patterns and colors to create a unique look.
Create a Personal Message
- Add a personal touch by including a brief message or your name on the AOD screen.
- This can be a fun way to make your phone uniquely yours.
By following these customization steps, you can transform your Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display into a reflection of your style and needs. Your phone will not only be functional but also an expression of your personality!
Q1: Can I customize AOD on my Samsung Galaxy S21 with third-party apps?
A1: While Samsung offers extensive customization options for AOD within the device settings, there are also third-party apps available on the Google Play Store that can enhance AOD customization further. However, exercise caution and ensure the app is reputable to protect your device’s security.
Q2: Does using Always On Display drain the battery quickly?
A2: AOD is designed to be power-efficient. It consumes minimal battery when displaying static information. By setting a schedule or customizing AOD to display only essential information, you can optimize battery usage.
Q3: Can I use Always On Display with a screen protector on my Galaxy S21?
A3: Yes, AOD is compatible with most screen protectors. However, it’s a good practice to ensure that your screen protector does not cover the proximity sensor, as this may affect AOD functionality.
Q4: How do I update the AOD software on my Samsung Galaxy S21?
A4: AOD updates are typically included in your phone’s system updates. To ensure you have the latest AOD features and improvements, regularly check for software updates in the “Software update” section of your phone’s settings.
Congratulations! You’ve learned how to enable and customize the Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display. By following the simple steps outlined in this guide, you can now make your phone truly yours, with a personalized AOD that reflects your style and preferences. Remember that AOD not only adds a touch of sophistication to your device but also enhances its functionality. You’ll never miss an important notification or the time again, all while conserving battery life efficiently
This post has shown you how to enable and customize Samsung Galaxy S21 Always On Display.