Showmax, a video streaming service in South Africa, is a great way to entertain yourself. Thanks to the huge amount of global and Africa focused content. Showmax allows you to register up to 5 devices to your Showmax account. However, you can only watch on two registered devices at a time. They are called “active devices”.
How To Remove Showmax Device
If like me, you share my logins with family and friends, the number of devices associated with your account can grow exponentially, preventing you from enjoying your account. First, you want to let your friends know that you are about to disconnect their devices. Otherwise, the atmosphere might not be pleasant the next time you see them.
To disconnect a device, log into your Showmax account online via a web browser. Click My Account >> My Devices >> Edit.
The page displays a list of paired devices. Now just remove the device you want to unlink from your account.
And that’s all it takes to remove devices on Showmax. Of course, you can log back into your account with that device as long as the number of registered devices is 5 or less.
How do I manage my registered devices?
- Go to Showmax.com and log in to your account.
- Select your Showmax profile in the top right corner of the screen.
- Click on “My Account”.
- Select “My Devices” to see which devices are registered to your account. Click on the cross to remove a device.
How do I manage my devices with the Showmax app?
- Launch the Showmax app on your phone or tablet.
- Select your Showmax profile in the top left corner of the screen.
- Tap “My Account”.
- Select “My Devices” to see which devices are registered to your account. Tap the cross to remove a device.
Showmax is not the only on-demand video streaming platform that allows you to unlink/remove devices from your account. Other major video streaming applications, such as Netflix, also offer this option to users. Take advantage of this setting to enjoy an optimal viewing experience on your Showmax account. You can cancel your Showmax subscription here.