Samsung introduced One UI 3.0 based on Android 11 for the Galaxy Note 10 Lite at the beginning of January this year. With the launch of the Galaxy S21 series, Samsung released One UI 3.1 with other new features, and the software eventually landed on the Galaxy Note 10 Lite. The phone is powered by the Exynos 9810 processor which is a 2018 10nm octa-core SoC that also powers the international version of the Galaxy Note 9. Unfortunately, the Galaxy Note 9 is not eligible to receive Samsung’s official Android 11 update and the device can theoretically run it. This prompted XDA-approved developer AlexisXDA to port the Android 11 firmware with One UI 3.1 version to the Galaxy Note 9.
The Android 11 connector, known as Noble ROM, is compatible with both the single SIM version (SM-N960F) and the dual SIM version (SM-N960FD) of the Galaxy Note 9 global model. ROM comes from the Galaxy Note 10 Lite, to which the developer has added various components from the One UI 3.1 firmware of the Galaxy Note 10 Plus. Best of all, the TWRP flashable ZIP file has a built-in AROMA installer that allows end-users to customize every aspect of the installation.
Here’s a breakdown of the information in this port:
- All OneUI 3.1 functions have been ported, nothing comes from OneUI 2.5.
- Odexed, barely ventilated, and added some improvements for best performance and better battery.
- Some improvements have been added for the best smoothness and overall performance!
- Create your ROM! With our aroma, you can choose whatever you want on your phone to improve the user experience!
- RMM lock disabled.
- Google Pay works (hide with Magisk).
- Safe folder works.
- S21 wallpapers.
- ALT Z Life content ported from A51 / A71.
- Handy Maps section enabled in messaging apps.
- Improved zoom quality in the gallery.
- Handy Maps tab activated in messages.
- Night mode zoom on the camera.
- Night mode in Hyperlapse.
- Dolby enabled in the game.
- The power button in the system tray.
- Samsung App lock.
- iOS 14 Emoji can be selected in the aroma.
- S10 Multiple Wallpapers (available with separate zipper soon).
- New Good Lock 2021 selectable in taste.
The first version of the ROM contains Android security patches for March 2021. Since it is an early version, there are some bugs and missing features. For example, Live Focus doesn’t seem to work in the camera. If you are still interested and want to give the Android 11 / One UI 3.1 ROM a try, go to the thread below to download the ZIP package and follow the instructions to flash it. Make sure your Galaxy Note 9’s bootloader is unlocked and TWRP is installed.