Samsung Galaxy F41 Features, Price, Specs, and Reviews
The Samsung Galaxy F41 is the South Korean giant’s first product under the F-series banner, which is said to have a “full-on” philosophy. The F41 debuts just in time to take advantage of the festive sales season. As part of the 2020 Big Billion Days Sale starting October 16, the phone will be available at a competitive price of Rs. 13,999 of the normal Rs. 16,999 sale price.
The Galaxy F41 is poised to step into a royal ring of rumors where value kings from Redmi, Poco, Realme and even Samsung’s own M-series are already trading blows to claim the title of the best phone under Rs. 15,000. So will the Galaxy F41 be able to hold its own? Is This The Phone You Should Buy? Let’s discuss this in our Samsung Galaxy F41 review.
Unpack Samsung Galaxy F41
Samsung has stopped bundling protective covers in the box for all price segments. It started with the Galaxy M31, followed by the Galaxy Note 20 Ultra, the Galaxy M51, the Galaxy S20 FE, and now the Galaxy F41.
When you unpack the Galaxy F41, you will find the phone, a 15W adaptive fast charger, a Type A to Type C USB cable, a SIM eject pin code, and documentation. There is no pre-installed screen protector on the display.
Important Samsung Galaxy F41 Features
- 6.4 inch AMOLED screen, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5: 9 aspect ratio (~ 403 ppi)
- Android 10, one UI Core 2.1
- Octa-Core Exynos 9611 (10 nm)
- 6 GB RAM
- 64 GB, 128 GB integrated memory up to 256 GB memory card
- 64 MP + 8 MP + 5 MP triple rearview cameras
- 32 MP front camera
- Fingerprint scanner (rear)
- 4G LTE network
- Fast charging 15W
- Non-removable Li-Po 6000 mAh battery
Samsung Galaxy F41 Review – Design and Display
The new addition to the F series is the only thing that is new here. The back is similar to what we saw on the Samsung Galaxy M31 in particular. It weighs only 191 grams and is 8.9 mm thick.
The device has a waterdrop notch on the front and triple cameras on the back, as well as a fingerprint scanner. The Galaxy F41’s volume rocker and power buttons are on the right. There is a USB-C port, speaker grille, and a 3.5mm audio jack.
On the front is a 6.4-inch FHD + AMOLED Infinity-U display. The display offers a maximum brightness of up to 420 nits, a contrast ratio of 78960: 1, and a color gamut. You can check out some flip cover cases for Samsung f41 on evcase.
Samsung Galaxy F41 review – cameras
The Samsung Galaxy F41 is designed with a squircle layout with three camera sensors and a flashlight. The cameras consist of a 64MP sensor, while the other two are an 8MP ultra-wide and a 5MP live focus sensor.
The main camera can record 4K @ 30fps video and has other video modes such as original video, hyper-lapse, and boomerang. It has single shot, bokeh, filters, smart cropping, and a photo for the best moments on the back.
Upfront is a 32MP wide selfie camera that supports live focus and intelligent beauty.
Samsung Galaxy F41 Review – Hardware and Software
Under the hood is an Exynos 9611 chipset based on 10 nm process technology. The chip has a Mali-G72 MP3 graphics card with a single 6 GB LPDDR4x RAM.
The built-in memory is available in two variants: either 64 GB memory or 128 GB memory. You can expand it further up to 512 GB using a dedicated microSDXC slot.
The Galaxy F41 is operated with a One UI based on Android 10. As expected, Android 11 is not pre-installed. Still, in the future, users should expect One UI 3 based on the Android 11 update.
Samsung Galaxy F41 Review – Battery And Network
All of this is powered by a massive 6000 mAh battery with support for 15 W charges. It doesn’t come with 5G, but it does offer other connectivity options like 4G LTE with 2 SIM slots, Wi-Fi 5, Bluetooth 5.0, and GPS for navigation.
Samsung Galaxy F41 Price And Availability
The Samsung Galaxy F41 retails for $ 232 for 6 GB + 64 GB storage and $ 247 for 6 GB RAM + 128 GB storage.
In Nigeria, this is about 90,000 naira, in Ghana about 1,400 Ghs, and Kenya 27,000 Ksh.
It comes in three colors: Fusion Green, Fusion Blue, and Fusion Black. You can buy it on Amazon.*
Samsung Galaxy F41 Specifications
Here are a few specs of the Samsung Galaxy F41:
- Platform: Android 10, One UI Core 2.1
- Processor: Octa-core Exynos 9611 (10nm)
- GPU: Mali-G72 MP3
- Memory: 6GB RAM
- Colours: Fusion Black, Fusion Blue, Fusion Green
- Dimension: 159.2 x 75.1 x 8.9 mm
- Weight: 191 g
- SIM Type: Nano-SIM, dual stand-by
- SIM Count: Dual SIM (Nano-SIM, dual stand-by)
- Display: 6.4 inches AMOLED Display, 1080 x 2340 pixels, 19.5:9 ratio (~403 ppi)
- Screen Protection: Yes
- Foldable Display: No
- Rear Camera: 64 MP (wide) + 8 MP (ultrawide) + 5 MP (depth) Triple Cameras, [email protected], [email protected], gyro-EIS
- Rear Camera Features: LED flash, panorama, HDR
- Front Camera: 32 MP Camera, HDR, [email protected]
- Built-in Storage: 64GB, 128GB
- Memory Card Support: Yes, microSDXC (dedicated slot)
- Bundled Cloud Storage: Yes
- 2G GSM: Yes, GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900 – SIM 1 & SIM 2
- 2G CDMA 1X: Yes
- 3G WCDMA: Yes, HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100
- 3G CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes, 1, 3, 5, 8, 38, 40, 41
- 5G: No
Internet & Connectivity
- GPRS: Yes
- EDGE: Yes
- 3G/WCDMA/HSPA: Yes
- HSPA+: Yes
- CDMA EVDO: Yes
- 4G LTE: Yes
- 5G: No
- WLAN: Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, dual-band, Wi-Fi Direct, hotspot
- Wi-Fi Hotspot: Yes
- Bluetooth: Bluetooth 5.0, A2DP, LE
- NFC: No
- Infrared Blaster: No
- USB Port: USB Type-C 2.0
- SMS/MMS: Yes
- Instant Messaging: Yes
- Push Emails: Yes
- Email Protocol: Yes
- Music Player: Yes
- Video Player: Yes
- FM Radio: Yes
- Loudspeaker: Yes
- 3.5mm Jack: Yes
- Navigation: Yes, with A-GPS, GLONASS, GALILEO, BDS
- Maps: Yes
Sensors & Control
- Digital Compass: Yes
- Accelerometer: Yes
- Proximity Sensor: Yes
- Light Sensor: Yes
- Barometer: No
- SpO2: No
- Pedometer: No
- Heart Rate Monitor: No
- Gyroscope: Yes
- Fingerprint Scanner: Yes (Rear)
- Iris Scanner: No
- Face Unlock: Yes
- Stylus Pen: No
- Intelligent Digital Assistant: Yes
- Motion Sensing / Gesture Control: Yes
- Voice Control: Yes
- Video Streaming: Yes
- Active Noise Cancellation: Yes
- Wireless Charging: No
- Built-in Mobile Payment: No
- Water Resistant: No
- Dust Resistant: No
- Image Editor: Yes
- Video Editor: Yes
- Document Viewer: Yes
- Document Editor: Yes
- Battery: Li-Po 6000 mAh, non-removable Battery
- Talktime: –
- Standby Time: –
- Fast Charging: Fast charging 15W
Samsung Galaxy F41 Review Verdict: Should You Buy It?
The Samsung Galaxy F41 belongs to a new series, but strictly and safely adheres to the proven formula of the M series. Maybe this is okay as Samsung’s M30 series has been a huge hit and appeals to consumers in India.
The Galaxy F41 offers an AMOLED display at a very affordable price, has a very safe battery capacity of 6000 mAh, tasteful software and as always will benefit from the Samsung branding.
The performance hardware isn’t the best in class, but it should be enough for simple and medium-duty consumers. The camera performance is what we normally see in this price segment.
It sounds like a great deal for the introductory effective price of Rs. 13,999 during the Big Billion Days 2020 sale.
- Good quality AMOLED display
- Excellent battery support
- Fast fingerprint and face unlock
- Support for HD streaming
- Ergonomic design
- Not good to play with
- Fast charging is not fast enough