A friend of mine once asked me if I can use WhatsApp without a mobile number. And I said yes. Then he asked: How do you use WhatsApp without a phone number or SIM card? To answer him and other people who want to know how to use Whatsapp without a sim or phone number, I have compiled this post.
In this post, you’ll learn about three proven ways to use this hugely popular messaging system on your Android tablet, iPad, PC, and even your cell phone without a SIM card.
Using WhatsApp Without Phone Number Or Sim Card
As mentioned above, we tested three different methods of using WhatsApp without a phone number or SIM card. You can try any method and use the method that works best for you.
Before we move to either method, you must meet the following requirements to be able to use WhatsApp without phone number and SIM card.
- Download WhatsApp to your tablet, phone, or PC if you haven’t already.
- If you already have WhatsApp installed on your device, check if you have already checked WhatsApp.
- If you have already checked WhatsApp, delete your current number from WhatsApp by uninstalling and reinstalling the app.
# 1 Method: WhatsApp Without A Mobile Number
Follow these steps to easily download and install WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM card.
- If you already have a WhatsApp account, delete it and delete WhatsApp.
- Note: Deleting WhatsApp will erase all your data, pictures, etc. So, make sure to backup all your WhatsApp data on the phone.
- Download WhatsApp to your device again from the Google Play Store or the app’s official website.
- After installation, you will be asked for a mobile number to verify. However, if you want to use WhatsApp without a mobile number, please enable airplane mode on your device.
- Now open your WhatsApp and enter your mobile number. However, since your device is in airplane mode, a full scan will not be performed.
- Now choose the confirmation via SMS or your valid e-mail ID.
- Click Submit and immediately click Cancel. You should complete this task in seconds
- Now install a third-party messaging app as a spoof to use WhatsApp without using a phone number.
- Create fake message by installing fake text message for android users and fake message for iOS
- Go to Outbox, copy the message details and send it to the wrong number to get the wrong number
- Now a fake confirmation message will be sent to the fake number and your verification process is complete.
- After following the steps above, your account will be verified and you can use WhatsApp without a number.
Method # 2: Use TextNow to Check WhatsApp
The first method is to download a messaging app called TextNow on your phone. This messaging app gives you a unique phone number that you can enter in WhatsApp and use to verify your account.
1. Download TextNow to your device
Download the TextNow app to your device from the Google Play Store, the iTunes App Store, or the Windows Phone Store. When you try to use WhatsApp on your PC, you have to open your Android emulator and search it for TextNow.
2. Open the TextNow app and write down your number
Once the TextNow app has been downloaded to your device, open it and complete the installation process. Write down your number once the app is set up.
If TextNow doesn’t show you your number, or you forgot to write down your number, you can find out your TextNow number by following the steps below.
- Android: Once the app is open on your Android phone, click the three-line icon in the top left corner of your Android device. Your phone number should be displayed.
- iPhone: Click the three-line icon in the top left corner of your iPhone, iPod, or iPad. Once you click on the 3-line icon, your phone number should appear.
- Windows Phone: Once the app is open, navigate to the People tab and see your phone number.
3. Open WhatsApp and check the number
Once you have noted your TextNow number, open WhatsApp on your phone, tablet, or PC and follow steps 3.1 to 3.5 below.
3.1. Enter your TextNow number in WhatsApp
Once you agree to WhatsApp’s terms and conditions, you will be prompted to enter your number. When prompted for your number, select your country and enter the TextNow number.
3.2. Wait for the SMS verification to fail
Wait 5 minutes for the SMS verification to fail. After SMS verification fails, you will be prompted to call your number. Click the Call me button to receive an automatic call from WhatsApp.
3.3. Get your WhatsApp confirmation number
Open the TextNow app on your device and you should get a call from WhatsApp. Answer the call and an automatic message from WhatsApp will repeat your verification code several times. Write down your confirmation number.
3.4. Enter the verification code in WhatsApp
Now enter the verification code you received from the automatic call to WhatsApp.
3.5. Complete the installation
Complete the installation process in WhatsApp after entering your verification code. You have now successfully created a WhatsApp account without a phone number.
If this method didn’t work for you, you can try another app called textPlus, or you can use the second method below.
Method # 3: Use the existing landline to check WhatsApp
The second method uses your existing home/landline phone number to verify WhatsApp. Follow the steps below to use WhatsApp without a mobile number or SIM card.
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone, tablet, or PC
Open the WhatsApp application on your phone, tablet, or PC.
2. Enter your home phone/landline number
When prompted for your number, select your country and enter your home/landline phone number.
3. Wait for the SMS confirmation to fail
After about 5 minutes, the SMS verification will fail and you will be given the option to call me. Click the Call me option to receive a call from WhatsApp to your home/landline number.
4. Enter the verification code
You will now automatically receive a call from WhatsApp to your fixed number. An automated voice will repeat your 6-digit verification code multiple times. Make a note of this verification code and enter this verification code in WhatsApp.
5. Complete the installation process
After checking WhatsApp on your device, complete the setup process and you can talk to your friends on WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM card.
Conclusion – How to Use WhatsApp Without Phone Number or SIM
That’s how to use WhatsApp without phone number or sim, don’t forget to share with others who may be in need of this guide.