Airtel Nigeria today offers some of the best data plans in Nigeria and this has earned them a very high number of subscribers across the country.
Seriously, nothing is more frustrating than auto-renewing a data plan you’re not happy with just because you can’t cancel the auto-renew feature.
If you’re currently having the auto-renewal issue on the Airtel network, this post has you covered, so read on.
Like most telecom companies in Nigeria, the auto-renewal issue also applies to airtel and in this article, we will show you how to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel.
How to Cancel Auto Renewal on Airtel Nigeria
Unlike other Nigerian mobile networks, Airtel asks if you want to enable auto-renewal feature when you buy/subscribe to a new data plan and for me, that’s great because you can choose not to enable the feature easily.
Suppose you chose to turn it on and suddenly changed your mind and decided to cancel the feature. Below are the sure-fire ways to cancel auto-renewal on Airtel.
Cancel Airtel’s auto renewal via SMS
Disabling airtel’s auto-renew on Airtel feature is quite easy and doesn’t take much effort.
Follow the steps below to cancel automatic renewal on Airtel with SMS.
- Navigate to your ‘Messages’ or ‘SMS’ application (all mobile devices come with this app)
- Send “STOP” without quotes to 141
- After completing the above step, you will receive a confirmation message / SMS that you have unsubscribed from Airtel’s automatic renewal service.
Cancel Airtel’s auto renewal via Twitter
This method of canceling auto-renewal on Airtel is one that most Airtel subscribers aren’t even aware of.
Currently, Airtel Nigeria has a dedicated Twitter account for attending to its clients who may be experiencing difficulties using their service.
Follow the step below to unsubscribe from Airtel’s automatic renewal service using this method.
- Log into your Twitter account on the Twitter mobile app or website (you can create an account if you don’t currently have one)
- Find the search page and search for “airtel_care” (without quotes)
- You should see the official Airtel customer service account with a verified badge (don’t trade with an account without a verified badge), open the lever, and find the send message icon/button
- Message them with your issue and make sure to provide your phone number and the data plan you want them to cancel on your Airtel line
Cancel Airtel’s automatic renewal through Airtel Customer Service
Another sure-fire way to disable this feature is to contact Airtel customer service.
To contact these customer service representatives, dial “111” on your Airtel line and ask them to turn off automatic renewal for your current data plan.
How Do I Deactivate My Data Bundle?
Do you think data bundles on airtel are deducting your balance? Would you like to know how to deactivate current data plan and would you like to stop the airtel daily data plan? Follow the information below:
How to Deactivate Airtel Android Bundles
- Android bundles: * 438 * 100 #
How to deactivate the Airtel Mega bundle
- Mega bundles: * 408 * 100 #
How to deactivate the Airtel BB bundle
- BB bundle: SMS STOP AUTO RENEW to 440
How to deactivate Airtel Daily Plan
- Daily / weekly bundles: SMS STOP to 141
If you have any questions on how to stop Airtel’s automatic renewal, feel free to leave them in the comment section below and we’ll do our best to answer you as soon as possible.