How To Fix Chat Bubbles Not Working Android 11 – Top 7 Solutions
How to Fix Chat bubbles not working Android 11? In this tutorial, we are going to show you how to fix the messenger Chat bubbles not working Android 11 device. The latest version of Android has brought a host of new extras. The new one-time permission set, native screen recorder, updated power menu, and scheduling in dark mode are just a few of the notable factors. However, it is the chat bubble feature that has managed to stay in the spotlight. If you enable this feature, a specific sender’s conversation will turn into a chat bubble if you are not notified.
This acts as an overlay and can be placed over all apps. To start the conversation, all you have to do is tap this balloon and it will go into the expanded state. When this rings, it’s the same feature Facebook Messenger has had for centuries. However, things don’t seem to be going well with this functionality as many users have reported problems with this feature. If you are on the same page too, please follow the steps below to fix the chat bubbles issue on your Android 11 device.
WHAT ARE CHAT BUBBLES?
Typically, when you tap a notification, the app opens in full-screen mode. So you will be removed from the app that you actually used.
Chat bubbles allow you to multitask as they float over the app you are currently using. Anytime you get a message notification, you can open the notification in the chat bubble and keep using the existing app. When you do this, a floating app window will open. When you finish writing a text message, the floating app window will disappear and the speech bubble will appear. Tapping the speech bubble will reopen the chat screen.
How to Fix Chat bubbles not working Android 11?
There have been several complaints about this issue on various online forums including Reddit and Google Support. Speaking of the latter: The problem has already been recognized by over 1800 users and classified as a “trend problem”. Fortunately, some pretty useful solutions are known to fix this problem. We have presented all the plausible methods that you can use to fix the Chat bubbles not working Android 11 issue.
Solution 1: Check App Compatibility
This function has not been adopted by all app developers. Unless they plan to incorporate this API into their apps, you can’t make changes to your end to make it work. Fortunately, developers are very quick in this regard. We’ve already seen popular apps like WhatsApp and Telegram take advantage of this feature and other subsequent suites.
Additionally, some developers can add this feature to the beta first before releasing it to a wider audience. So you can download the beta version of the app and see if it works for you or not. However, if the feature has already been added and you are still facing the problem of chat bubbles not working on your Android 11 device, there are a few more improvements you should try.
Solution 2: Turn on the bubble notifications feature
Well, it goes without saying that you should enable this functionality in the first place. Here’s how you can check the same thing:
- Go to Settings on your Android device.
- Then go to Apps & Notifications> Notifications.
- Go to Bubbles and enable the “Allow apps to show bubbles” option.
- Now check if the chat bubbles problem on your Android 11 device is resolved or not.
Solution 3: Enable Chat Bubbles For Every Conversation
Chat Bubbles offers some customization options. One of them is the ability to keep them only for selected conversations. Likewise, you can leave it completely disabled for a specific app. In this case, it is recommended to check again whether you have activated one of these functions.
- Go to the Settings page on your device.
- Then go to Apps and notifications.
- Tap View all apps and select the app having the problem.
- Go to the Notifications section> Bubbles.
- Finally, make sure you’ve selected the ‘All calls can flow’ option.
Do this and see if you were able to fix the Chat bubbles not working Android 11 device.
Solution 4: Switch to the Standard Stock Launcher
In some cases, a custom launcher may conflict with this feature and the latter may not get the correct environment to work with. Hence, you have to switch from a third-party launcher to the default launcher that your device has in Box.
- To do this, go to Settings on your Android device.
- Then go to Apps & notifications and choose Default apps.
- Under the Home app, select the default launcher.
- After that, restart your device and see if the chat bubbles issue on Android 11 is now resolved or not.
Solution 5: Clear the cache and data of the app
If the app’s data got corrupted or if a lot of temporary data has been collected over time, it can cause some issues. Hence, it is recommended that you clear the data and cache of the affected app. To do this, the following must be done:
- Go to the settings on your device.
- Then go to Apps & notifications and tap on App info.
- Select the appropriate app from the list and tap Storage & Cache.
- When you’re done, tap Clear storage (or clear data on some devices).
- After that, restart your device and see if the chat bubbles issue is not working on your Android 11 device.
Solution 6: Restart the device
In general, you can fix most Android problems with a simple reboot. So, before moving on to the slightly more advanced fixes, reboot your device once and see if the problem is resolved. If your answer is negative don’t worry, there are several other methods worth trying.
Solution 7: Reset The Device
If none of the above methods gave the desired results, go the nuclear route to reset your device. The whole process will take some time and you will also have to set up your device from scratch. So if you are one of those users who want the chat bubbles at all costs, just continue with this method.
- Make a full device backup first. Then go to Settings followed by System.
- Go to Reset options and tap Erase all data (factory reset).
- Tap the Clear All Data button at the bottom and click Confirm.
- If you want, you can turn off the Clear internal storage option.
- After the reset is complete, set up your device and now your problem should be resolved.
Conclusion – How To Fix Android 11 Message Bubbles Not Working
This concludes the guide on how to fix the Chat bubbles not working Android 11. We have released seven different solutions to the same problem. Let us know in the comments what issue worked in your case. Here are some iPhone tips and tricks, PC tips and tricks, and Android tips and tricks you should read too.