Looking for how to activate your Zenith Bank token device? The Zenith Bank Token is a device that allows Zenith Bank customers to do online banking with an extra layer of security.
Without the token device, customers cannot transfer money, buy airtime, pay bills, etc. on Zenith Bank’s internet banking platform. In this article, you will learn how to activate the Zenith bank token device for Internet transactions.
WHAT IS PIN TOKEN IN ZENITH BANK?
Have you heard of Zenith Bank Token? The zenith bank token is a small security device that allows the bank’s customers to make a transaction with an extra layer of security. Without these devices, customers cannot transfer money, buy airtime, pay bills on Zenith Bank’s internet banking platform.
HOW TO GET ZENITH BANK TOKEN
The zenith bank token can be obtained from any zenith bank branch nearest to you. All you need to do is go to one of the nearest offices across the country and request an online banking application form.
After you complete the application and provide them with the necessary information, you will receive a token once you sign up for online banking.
As of today, the token will cost an amount of N3500
HOW TO REPLACE YOUR TOKEN IF IT IS LOST
The token is very small and as such you could easily lose it; if it gets lost, all you have to do is go to the nearest zenith bank branch and tell customer service that you want to order a new hardware token device.
The token can be attached to your keychain, the token can last up to three years, its life depends on how often you use it.
FEATURES OF ZENITH BANK TOKEN
If you want to get the token from the zenith bank, let’s take a look at some of the security features that the token contains and what it can do.
1. Extra security
There are many scenarios where people have their mobile phone stolen, thieves gain access to the user’s bank account through the information provided on the phone, and then transfer money from the victim’s bank account using a token.
Software tokens are SMS codes sent to mobile phones to validate a transaction. Obviously, the thief has the phone, receives the soft token, and enters it online to confirm payment.
This is not possible with a hardware token such as the Zenith Bank token. To transfer money from an account, the thief must have access to the Zenith hardware token device and the customer’s four-digit PIN.
Transactions cannot be completed on Zenith Bank’s internet banking platform without the customer’s pre-set four-digit PIN code and the code generated by the token device.
2. Increase the transaction limit
Zenith bank also has a mobile app for customers who make minimal transactions daily. The transfer limit in the Zenith Bank mobile app is 100,000 naira per day.
Meanwhile, on Zenith Bank’s online banking platform, customers can transfer up to 5,000,000 naira per day.
Customers cannot access online banking without the token device
3. Internet banking
As mentioned above, the token device gives you access to the Zenith internet banking platform. Once you go to a Zenith branch to apply for internet banking, your token device will be issued to you and 3,500 Naira will be deducted from your account balance.
Unlike the mobile application, internet banking gives you access to many functions that you cannot find in the mobile application.
For example, you can make Remita payments on the online banking platform, while you cannot do it on the mobile app. Suppose your bank card has been stolen; you can easily deactivate your Zenith Bank debit card through online banking without calling customer service.
To use the Zenith Bank Token device, you must be a Zenith Bank Nigeria account holder and apply for internet banking.
I assume you have already signed up for Zenith online banking
HOW TO ACTIVATE THE ZENITH BANK TOKEN DEVICE
- Click this link to access the Zenith Bank Token activation web page.
- Enter your ten-digit Zenith Bank Nuban account number and click continue.
- An OTP code will be sent to the phone number or email address registered by your bank.
- Enter the OTP code sent to you.
- Remove the token device from its packaging.
- Turn the device back to see the Zenith bank token number. A token number is a 10-digit number specific to each device. No two token devices can have the same token number.
- Enter the serial number of the token without the dash (-) or space.
- Enter any four-digit PIN that you can easily remember and click Continue.
If the activation was successful, you will see a confirmation message on the website.
HOW TO USE THE TOKEN FOR INTERNET BANKING
- Visit Zenith Bank’s internet banking website at https://ibank.zenithbank.com/InternetBanking/
- Select “Pin and Token” from the drop-down options. The pin and token option is the default.
- Enter the four-digit PIN you created in the previous step.
- Press the white button on the token to reveal the 6-digit token code.
- Enter the generated token code without leaving any space between the 4-digit PIN code and the token. That is, write the 4-digit pin code and toke code together without space.
- Click on login.
Now that you have access to the online banking panel, keep in mind that the 4-digit pin code and the token code must be written together without spaces.
HOW TO CREATE A PIN FOR THE ZENITH BANK TOKEN
Before using the hardware device, activate and create a PIN for the zenith bank token.
To do this, follow the steps below.
I am giving you this tutorial based on the fact that you have installed the Zenith Bank mobile banking app or internet banking app on your phone.
Follow the instructions below to activate and create a PIN for the Zenith bank token.
- Once you get the token hardware, go to the Zenith banking website and click on internet banking at the top right.
- Click on login to online banking and choose how you want to log in by selecting PIN and token or password.
- It will advise you to choose a password. Then log in with your internet banking account number and password.
- If you don’t remember your password, you can initiate a password reset by clicking “I forgot my password” below on the login page and following the instructions.
- A default password will be sent to the mobile phone number/email address where you receive a warning.
- Create a new password according to this format; please start with a capital letter, followed by lower case letters, at least 1 number, and a special symbol.
- Note that the password must be in the range of 8-11 characters.
- Immediately after logging in, find and click Settings and click Create Online Banking PIN.
- Enter a unique four-digit number (for example 4915), do not repeat any digits and do not use serial numbers such as 1234. (You should pay attention to this part. You will need to confirm the unique number sent to you by pressing the supplied token device.)
- Enter the number that appears on the device (note that any token read will expire in a minute, it’s very fast) and enters it in your OTP field.
- Finally, click on submit to activate the token.
You can also use this method to activate your Zenith bank token hardware.
- Go to the Zenith Bank token activation page, enter your Zenith Bank account number and click submit.
- Without wasting time, you will receive an OTP PIN on your phone or email address registered with your bank.
- Enter the OTP number sent to you and enter your hardware serial number. This is a 10-digit code that can be found on the back of the token.
- Mind you, you don’t have to write the script, just write the numbers on the hardware. The last is to enter your favorite four-digit PIN.
- Keep in mind that you can use your ATM PIN to easily remember it, or any number you don’t forget, but not a serial number.
- Click on the send button and you will receive a successful message on your screen. With this, you have successfully activated the Zenith Bank token hardware.
HOW TO REACTIVATE A DISABLED TOKEN DEVICE
For whatever reason, your token may be deactivated after several unsuccessful attempts to log into your online banking dashboard. This could be because a wrong PIN is being entered all the time.
To reactivate the token device, you must contact customer service through the Zenith Bank website. A customer representative will ask you a few questions about your bank account.
The list of possible questions includes;
- Date of birth.
- Last two transactions
Once you have answered at least two of the security questions correctly, your Zenith Bank token device will reactivate.
We hope these tips on how to create and use Zenith Bank Token have helped you solved all the questions you may be having on Zenith Bank Token Pin, if not, feel free to drop your question in the comment box below. You may like to learn about Union Bank Transfer code here.