Spread the love
The growing popularity of tablets means that many kids have already asked them or will beg for them at their next birthday party.
Although some parents use their own pills for their children, it is best for their children to have their own pills to avoid frustration and waste of time. Not only can these computer-like devices be fun, but they can also be educational when loaded with the right movies, books, and apps. They are perfect for children to use at home, at friends’ houses, and while in the car on long car rides.
Features of a Great Children’s Tablet
Parents will need to make their own decisions about which tablet is best for their children. What is right for one may not necessarily be right for everyone. However, these are some of the key considerations parents should make when looking for a child-friendly tablet.
Above all, the tablet should continue to work well even if it is dropped, left in the heat or cold, or if the juice is spilled on it. While some children are more careful with their devices than others, all tablets will be discarded or trodden at some point. Some features to look for include rubberized handles around the device and a screen protector.
Younger children will find small pills easy to hold with their smaller hands.
Devices should be easy to maintain for extended periods, such as during games.
Fast and simple operating systems
Some operating systems, such as LeapFrog and VTech, are designed specifically for children. Another great option is Android, which is quite simple for elementary-age children to learn and use.
Long battery life
Because it is leaner in advanced technical features, your child can enjoy the device for longer periods without having to plug it in for charging.
These apps can be preloaded or purchased from an app store, such as GooglePlay or iTunes.
The ability to grow with the child
Instead of buying a child-only device, some parents buy a tablet that can be used by both children and adults. As your child gets older, they can continue to use the device at home and at school.
Most child-facing operating systems come with these controls already configured; however, other systems, such as Android, may also make these controls available.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 Features
Price: $ 349.99 – $ 599.99
Rating: 4.2 stars out of 5
- A 10.1-inch monitor offers high-resolution images with fast and beautiful graphics.
- The updated Android operating system is fast and gives access to Google Play.
- The battery lasts up to nine hours and recharges with a USB cable.
- Preloaded applications and equipment include the IR blaster as a universal remote control, My Magazine for reading newspapers and magazines and Sketchbook for drawing. It also includes brief but free access to Hulu Plus, Dropbox, Zinio and Audible.
- The Galaxy weighs 1.26 pounds, which is slightly smaller than the old model.
- An 8-megapixel rear camera takes beautifully clear pictures. There is also a 2-megapixel front camera. Both have LED flashes.
- With Wi-Fi access, users can access the internet to download apps and books, watch movies, listen to music, and connect with friends.
Pros and Cons of Samsung Galaxy 10.1 for Kids
Although at first glance, the new Samsung Galaxy may not seem like the best option for kids, it still has a lot to offer. It is larger, heavier, and more expensive than many other tablets. However, kids will love watching movies on a larger screen. She will grow up easily with a child and is a great choice for older children such as high school students.
Many of the preloaded apps won’t do much for a purpose for kids. However, with access to Google Play, parents will find a great variety of great educational apps. Battery life is average, but the tablet can be recharged even while driving with the included travel charger.
Additionally, parents may want to find a silicone case and a screen protector to add durability to this otherwise beautiful tablet. Overall, with a few tweaks to parental controls and downloaded apps, the Galaxy 10.1 can be a great kids tablet that will last for years.