We lose our important data from the hard drive by accidentally pressing the Delete key. Sometimes a software or virus defect can also damage your hard drive. In this case, you need the best data recovery software or recovery tool to recover your important data at any cost.
At this time, a data recovery software is useful. To answer your question, we have compiled a list of the best free data recovery software taking into account factors such as whether the software can recover hard drives in RAW format, unallocated and corrupted; its ability to recover from different file systems such as FAT, FAT32, HFS, NTFS, etc .; the matrix of compatible devices; File recovery time and ease of use, just to name a few. Let’s take a look at some of the best data recovery software that you can use to recover lost data:
10 Best Free Data Recovery Software for 2018:
The fact that Recuva is at the top of the list of best data recovery software, may not surprise most of you. This data recovery tool has the ability to restore files from hard drives, DVDs or CDs, memory cards and external drives. There are tons of free file recovery software, but few are approaching Recuva with regards to the hard drive and photo recovery actions.
Some of the features that make Recuva top of the list of best recovery software are:
- Top file recovery
- Advanced deep exploration mode
- A safe crash function that uses techniques to eliminate industrial and military standards and,
- Ability to recover files from damaged or newly formatted files
- Easy user interface
- Preview screen before final recovery
- Free/economical data recovery software
- Supported Platforms: Recuva Data Recovery Software for PC can be used in Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
A list of the best data recovery software can hardly be described as complete without mentioning the TestDisk recovery software. It is an open source software that was created for the purpose of recovering lost partitions and repairing non-bootable disks. Featuring features and a file recovery system that can easily surpass any other data recovery software, TestDisk has a lot to offer for beginners and experts alike. Here are some of the features of TestDisk:
- Allows users to recover/rebuild boot sector
- Fix or recover the deleted partitions table and reliably recover files from FAT, exFAT, NTFS and ext2 filesystems.
- Available on all major platforms, such as Microsoft Windows, Mac OS X, etc., and in fact, it is very popular because it can be found on several Linux Live CDs.
- As a command-line tool, the TestDisk hard disk recovery tool may not be suitable for some users for data recovery. If you are a fan of the GUI, I recommend going with Recuva or Stellar to recover files.
- Supported platforms: TestDisk can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, macOS, and DOS.
3. Stellar data recovery
According to its name, Stellar Data Recovery does a great job recovering your data from your Windows and Mac PC If you regret your decision to delete recent files, the Stellar Data Recovery tool is here to help you effectively.
The risk-free program recovers data from various types of storage devices such as memory cards, smartphones, USB drives, hard drives, and so on.
Using the Stellar Data Recovery program is easy. Just download it, start the scan and you can recover from previous data disasters.
Full of advanced features and fast recovery of player files
Previewing the application of available files before the last recovery attempt
4. Recover 360:
Undelete360-The Best Free Data Recovery Tools
With the emergence of a typical Microsoft Office application due to a ribbon-style toolbar and a blue theme, the Undelete 360 is built on a fast but effective algorithm that allows the user to recover the files. Here are some of the features of Undelete 360:
- It works on a variety of devices such as digital cameras, memory cards, smartphones, computer hard drives*, USB, etc.
- It includes a tool for erasing data, a hexadecimal viewer with the ability to preview files before recovery.
- Is a great job of recovering recently deleted files compared to other free data recovery software
- It is also able to recover files from a wide variety of types such as DOC, HTML, AVI, MP3, JPEG, JPG, PNG, GIF, etc.
- However, scanning speed needs a major improvement and this tool is also behind the competition in terms of data recovery. The small size of the tool configuration proves to be a plus point in this career of file recovery software.
- Supported Platforms: Undelete 360 can run on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
Certainly one of the best existing data recovery software, PhotoRec is recognized for its ability to recover files on a wide variety of devices ranging from digital cameras to hard drives. It is specially created to recover data such as images, videos, documents, etc., from hard disks, CD-ROMs. Here are some of the features of the PhotoRec recovery tool:
- Compatible with almost all major platforms such as Microsoft Windows, Linux, Mac OS X, etc.
- It comes with the ability to recover more than 440 different file formats.
- Features like “formatting functionality” and the ability to add your own custom file types are useful.
- This photo recovery software is compatible with many file systems, including FAT, NTFS, exFAT, ext2 / ext3 / ext4 and HFS +.
- Although I would not recommend this free data recovery software to beginners because it is completely devoid of a GUI and uses a command line interface that can intimidate some users.
- Compatible platforms: The PhotoRec recovery program can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows, Linux, BSD, DOS, macOS.
6. Pandora recovery:
Pandora Recovery is one of the best and most reliable and efficient data recovery software available. The Pandora recovery tool has a lot to offer its users. Here are some of the features of this tool:
- Ability to recover deleted NTFS files and FAT volumes
- Preview deleted files of certain types (image and text files) without performing recovery
- With surface analysis (which allows you to recover data from formatted disks) and the ability to recover compressed, hidden, encrypted and archived files, this has a huge impact.
- Its interface is very easy to use and provides a view similar to Explorer with percentage recovery indicators and color codes.
- However, its file detection system is not as reliable and should be further improved. This excellent data recovery software can also be portable, so it consumes no space on the hard disk and, therefore, consumes no space that a file we want to recover once consumed.
- Supported platforms: Pandora data recovery can run on Windows 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
7. Recovering the MiniTool partition:
Standard recovery programs such as Recuva, Pandora, etc. they are perfect for recovering some deleted files, but what if you lost a complete partition? Then you probably need a special application like MiniTool Partition Recovery. These are some of the great features of this specialized recovery tool for partition recovery:
- An easy interface based on the wizard
- Specialized in data recovery in a complete score
- Point MiniTool Partition Recovery Tool in the problematic unit and search for missing partition
- Generate a recovery report that lets you know what the program has found to help you recover data
- You can not use data recovery on a boot floppy here.
- Platforms Supported: The MiniTool Partition Recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
8. Intelligent data recovery:
The Wise Data Recovery Tool is one of the fastest recovery tools of the best data recovery software. In addition to being faster, it also has great features. Here is a list of its features:
- Easy and intuitive interface
- You can recover deleted files from local drives, USB drives, cameras, memory cards, removable devices, and more.
- Faster search filter by selecting groups of built-in file extensions using the file type.
- Compatible with Windows XP to Windows 8.
- The intelligent data recovery tool is quick to perform file scans during the recovery process, but the availability of a deep scan mode would have been preferable. A version of the Wise portable data recovery software is also available, so you do not need to install it.
- Supported Platforms: Smart data recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
9. Puran File Recovery
Puran file recovery works in the three main recovery modes. These recovery modes are:
- Fast default scan (just read the FAT or NTFS file system for deleted files from the recycle bin, etc.)
- Deep Scan (includes analysis of all available space) and,
- Full scan (check all space on the device for the best chance of recovery)
- Works from Windows XP to Windows 8
- Using the “Find Lost Files” option converts Puran File Recovery into a tool for recovering all files from a lost or damaged partition. Another thing you can do is modify the custom scan list that stores file signatures for more accurate recovery of corrupted data.
- Supported Platforms: Puran file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
10. PC Inspector File Recovery
PC Inspector File Recovery works correctly on FAT and NTFS drives even if the boot sector has been erased or corrupted. These are some of the features of this recovery tool.
- The simple search dialog box can help you locate files by name.
- Recovered files can be restored to a local hard drive or network drives.
- You can recover images and videos of different types of files in different formats such as ARJ, AVI, BMP, DOC, DXF, XLS, EXE, GIF, HLP, HTML, JPG, LZH, MID, MOV, MP3, PDF, PNG, RTF, TAR, TIF, WAV, and ZIP.
- You can scan only specific areas of the disk with the cluster scanner
- Works perfectly from Windows XP to Windows 7
- However, the interface is a messy little mess disorder. Therefore, be careful with this tool. Also, keep in mind that if your hard drive has suffered mechanical damage, you should look for a specialist.
- Supported Platforms: PC Inspector file recovery software can run on Windows 10, 8, 8.1, 7, Vista, XP and earlier versions of Windows.
Personally, I would recommend the Piriform Recuva Data Recovery Program to all our readers, without a doubt. With one more file recovery, an advanced deep scan mode, a function will safely overwrite using standard techniques and the military industrial elimination and the ability to recover files from corrupted or newly formatted files Recuva is without no doubt one of the best free tools for data recovery. Its portability (the ability to operate without installation) is a feature that sets it apart from others.
The user interface of this free tool will not let you down with a wizard’s file recovery mode and a manual application available for color-coded removal (indicating the likelihood of a file being recovered), as well as the ability to Preview files before recovering them. The Recuva data recovery solution is certainly a point above all others and, without a doubt, the most complete and reliable free data recovery software available today.
Do you have other data recovery software in mind? Give us your suggestions in the comments below.