How To Transfer Data On MTN in 2022?
How To Transfer Data On MTN Nigeria – MTN is the largest network provider with a very large group of customers. Today we will show you how to share MTN data with MTN Line. This is a guide on how to transfer data on MTN. With MTN data sharing, you can even request data from other MTN users.
If you have a megabyte on your MTN line and you think you can’t finish it, you can share it with family and friends. This is a welcome development because sometimes we have a lot of data and don’t know what to do with it.
With MTN’s data sharing services, you can buy, share, and even transfer data to your family and friends. You can also use the service to buy data for your friends on their phones and modem. See how to verify your MTN number.
Three methods can be used to share data with MTN, through the myMTN app, SMS, or using USSD. This post will explain to you all the methods on how to transfer data on MTN with your loved ones. It takes no more than five minutes to complete the transfer. Any customer using MTN can use MTN’s data sharing services.
How To Transfer Data On MTN Using USSD Code
Here’s how to share/transfer data on your MTN line from your existing data balance (megabytes) to another MTN line:
- All you need to do is dial *131*recipient’s phone number *Amount of data#. For example. *131*08163440021*500#
- OR dial *131*7# or dial *131# and select option 6
- Select option 1 and click submit to continue
- Choose 1, 2, or 3 depending on the size of MB you want to share with the person.
- Click submit to complete the megabytes of data your MTN network is sharing.
- The first step is an automatic process so you need to check the amount of data you are sending and the number you are sending to before pressing ok.
How to transfer data on MTN with SMS
To use SMS to transfer megabytes on the MTN line, follow this:
- Send an SMS in this format with your MTN line: Transfer the amount of data from the phone number and send it to 131. For example 08035952882 250 to 131
- You must be sure of the phone number before pressing send because after sending you can not get your data back. If you make a mistake with the phone number, another user will get free data – Lol. No code is required before making this transaction.
How To Transfer Data On MTN Using MyMTNApp?
The easiest way to transfer data on MTN is using MyMTNApp, with MyMTNApp you can transfer data and airtime easily on your mtn sim.
Step by step to transfer data on MTN using MyMTNApp
- Download MyMTNApp from Playstore or use this link.
- Log in or sign up if you are using it for the first time.
- Click on “Show All” from your data balance on the dashboard.
- You will see share data, click share data.
- Enter the amount of data you want to send.
- Enter receiver number (must be MTN number)
- Click Send.
That’s all, it’s like transferring data in mtn using MyMTN App. With the app, you can send up to 1GB of data daily, but you can only send 500MB at one time.
How to buy MTN data for a friend
Buying MTN data for a friend is very easy and it happens if you don’t have enough data to share with family and friends.
You can choose to buy any MTN data plan for your friend and your friend will be charged your airtime balance. To buy/gift a friend on the MTN line, you need:
Dial * 131 * package activation code * recipient’s phone number and send. Very easy as you can see. For a better example * 131 * 106 * 08035912312 # you can use this method to buy dice of any value for your friend.
How to transfer credit in MTN
With MTN Share ‘n Sell, you can share your MTN account’s credit with other MTN customers’ accounts. It comes with a PIN function to ensure security and prevents fraud.
You can transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone at any time by sending an SMS with the transfer, recipient number, quantity, and PIN to 777. For example, you can send an SMS with ‘Transfer 08031234567 1500 1234’ to 777.
When you send this message, you will receive an SMS asking you to confirm that you want to make the transfer by sending an SMS with ‘YES’ to 777
You can also transfer credit from your phone to another MTN customer’s phone by dialing * 600 * Recipient Number * Value * PIN # on the phone and clicking Send/pressing OK. For example, dial * 600 * 08031234567 * 1500 * 1234 # and send / ok.
After the transfer is complete, you will receive a message indicating that the transfer was successful.
If you want to change your PIN, you can do this by sending an SMS with default PIN New PIN New PIN to 777. For example, send an SMS with ‘0000 1234 1234’ to 777.
Conclusion – How To Transfer Data On MTN
These are the steps needed to share data on MTN easily in 2021. We hope this how to transfer data on MTN guide is helpful, if so, let’s 9jaboizgist know what you think about the guide.