How To Save Your Phone That Fell Inside Water
First of all, no power on the phone until it is completely dry. The worst thing you can do on a wet phone is to boot it before it’s completely dry. Resent the temptation, cut power, and remove the battery as soon as possible. Your warranty will most likely not apply to water damage so do not be afraid to open it and remove the battery. IPhones are compromised and may be caused by switching off the device only. If you have an additional memory card and remove it. Even if your phone does not make this, the SIM card still needs to be fine.
Leave it dry
Priority is now to dry the phone. The faster the better, but be smart about it. Microwave, oven, hair dryer and all are bad. You do not want to cook, warp, melt or otherwise heat over the phone. The interior is fragile, if not the glue to hold the parts not friendly react heat.
Instead, use canned air if you have it. Or a store vacuum to suck too much of moisture. You can also use a Q-tip to dump a stubborn drop of water. Do not rub the water on the phone, deploy it. Do not use alcohol in your phone if the above adhesives can solve it.
Finally, use a desiccant (that’s an expensive word for something that absorbs things) to evaporate all remaining moisture. One of the most common items you can use directly rice. Oatmeal, couscous, little silica gel packages and a pinch even cat litter is used and it seems to work.
Put at least half a cup of instant rice, or your choice for drying fabrics in a zipper bag with the phone, the battery and the SIM card. Cover the phone with rice, close the bag and make it sit. Overnight stay will be good, but the longer the better.
After the phone has dried up sufficiently to put the pieces together again, put your fingers back and the power of the phone. In many cases the phone will start up.
In case your phone ends in salt water and then you need to rinse the battery and the phone with fresh water. You do not want to evaporate the salt water and leave a residue on the inside of the phone. Air was wet so do not hesitate. Salt residue can be gradual.
If none of these options are available to you, simply open the phone on a shelf and let him sit down. Perhaps there is a fan clap in its entirety. Over time, nature will go its way and evaporate. The longer the better.
Many of these methods have worked for others and there is no reason why they are not for you. They can save you hundreds of dollars in the repair costs or even the price of a new phone. Keep in mind that most of the phone has a sensor that allows any maintenance technician to know that the phone got wet and voids the warranty. As the warranty expires and you really should not have anything to lose.